Full timer in the making

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmoore1101

Starting to do all the research to make a transition (retirement) to full time RVing.  Suggestions, advice, resources, blogs......wanna do it right from the beginning.  The plan is to purchase new(er) 5th wheel. All input appreciated.

You might start by Searching for 'fulltime' and 'fulltimer' to find many previous discussions.  Use Search button on left side of menu bar, not the box in the upper right corner.

Your request is so broad that I'm not sure where to begin answering. You need to choose a state to use as your legal domicile, i.e. driver license, vehicle registrations, voting, etc. Lot's of things go into that choice because of potential tax consequences, maybe vehicle inspections, jury duty summons, etc.

Choice of RV is largely driven by personal preferences, but don't under-estimate the space and weight-carrying capacity needed for fulltime living. Limitations that are minor inconveniences on a weekend camping trip can become very irritating when endured 24/7/365. Bathroom & shower space, size of the fridge, room for relaxing or maybe tv watching, etc. are all significant things but very much dependent on your lifestyle wants & needs.

In addition to searching our message boards, you might also check out our forum Library (button in the menu above); There are several articles in the Fulltiming section.

There is also a full-timer forum down at the bottom of the list.  I suggest you post there and give us more information:

- Are you alone or part of a couple?  Retired?
  - What are your goals?  Do you want to keep on the move and do a lot of sightseeing or are you more interested in staying long periods in one place?
  - What kind of advice do you want?  Best to ask specific questions we can answer.

We can provide a lot of advice, but most of it will be useful unless we know more about what you need and want.

Back
Top Bottom