Travel guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Baby Taylor (3/4 size) has worked out well for me. A few weeks ago I visited a Guitar Center, thinking I'd change the Baby Taylor for a Taylor GS Mini (7/8 size). I stared at, and played both, and decided that the GS Mini wasn't worth the additional $300.

Meanwhile, I'm still practicing/playing various songs on the Baby Taylor as a way to develop muscle memory for chords and switching. I occasionally switch to my full-size Yamaha, but then revert to the Baby Taylor... One of these days.

One downside ... at last week's ukulele practice I found myself playing guitar chords on the numbers I'd been using for practice on guitar  :-[

Once I got the action set properly my GS Mini became my number 1 guitar.  I had the Baby for about 10 years and it was never my number one choice.

I came 'this' close to buying a Kala Uke a couple of weeks back.  The DW talked me out of it.

Russ, I may still get a GS Mini in time, although my return period on the Baby has run out.

I had to have my GS worked on before I could play it for any length of time.  Both the nut and the bridge were extremely high.  I was surprised and disappointed that Taylor would send such a poorly adjusted instrument out the door.

I'll keep that in mind Russ. I use a great luthier in Concord, and have referred numerous band members to him.

[quote author=8Muddypaws]I came 'this' close to buying a Kala Uke a couple of weeks back.[/quote]

Which model? I own several Kalas, including an 8-string concert (my go-to uke) and a couple of Baritones. They make a decent instrument, although most are built in China and their high end stuff is built in Petaluma. Had an interesting tour of their 'factory' recently, although it's pretty low tech.

...  I'm still practicing/playing various songs on the Baby Taylor as a way to develop muscle memory for chords and switching.

Things are slowly coming together. Today I played a song I'd never previously played on guitar. The chords were in a key/progression I'd been practicing on other songs.

... I found myself playing guitar chords on the numbers I'd been using for practice on guitar

That still happens, both at uke practice and in my living room  :(

One of these days I need to pick up my plectrum banjo again and play  :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom