Pajama Camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

I arrived at a lake campground I have been to before. It's always busy with tons of mayhem, kids, dogs, babies, golf carts, boats, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, and every form of imaginable camping gear from the hoity toity mega rigs to the moth eaten sleeping bag thrown on the ground.

However, I noticed over the weekend the vast majority of adults were wearing pajamas all day long.

Did I miss out on this critical memo?

I don't own any pajamas so I had to wear ho hum street clothes.

If this the new camping? Wearing pajamas all weekend?

I am the original pajama farmer. I figured if people can ware them to Walmart and out in public then why get dressed? I have noticed my animals also look at me a little strange.
Farmer, Terry in Leasburg Missouri I approve this message

Maybe a pajama rally  ???  Some years ago my other half organized a pajama cruise for our boat club; It was a huge success.

about this time every year the local college has a nighttime pajama run around our city circle .......it's invigorating for all.

and from what I'm seeing college kids also classify negligees as pajamas.       

I guess pajama RVing would be okay with some restrictions.    8)

Hi All,

My personal observations, there seems to be a growing trend to wear pajamas and not bother getting dressed to shop and so forth. It seems a bit lazy to me, and often looks like the wearers of these need to lander their PJ's. While I have no problem with them doing this as long as they are decent, I'd not want to be out in public without my cloths. There seems to be a certain amount of lack of respect for others in this day and age. Pajama parties O.K. and fine. Agree with BinaryBob no lower back hatches that can pop open.

Glad DearMissMermaid didn't join them in her shorts (or what ever sleep wear  ;D  )

I grew up thinking skivvies were warm weather pajamas  ?

I am still scratching my head over the pajama thing.

Last 3 winters I was in a park where for some crazy reason they have a senior RV party in pajamas and no one ever shows up in their jammies, so I am not sure why they keep trying to have this event.  I manage to walk the dog to go peek at the event, and it's always a flop. Maybe folks don't feel like flopping their saggy wrinkly stuff around. LOL!  ;D

The only time I went to a pajama party (it was not in a campground either)  the men were wearing sexy female lingerie and the women were wearing men's flannel shirts and boxers. The party got pretty wild and a few breakups and divorces followed afterwards. The host declined to have any more.

Some how a pajama party just doesn't appeal to me at all. I go to Walmart once a year, and even then under protest, anyhow I manage to always see two or more in their pajamas at the Walmart. Not sure what that is about either.

Years ago I used to drive pregnant teens to the prenatal clinic. For some reason, they loved to wear pajamas,  house robes and bedroom slippers to the clinic. I was usually the only one dressed. I never quite figured that out either.  :eek:

In our small town, I see them in the grocery store, Walmart, DQ, every place you should wear clothing.
I have no idea what happened?  Lack of parental guidance, lazy, don't seem to care about their appearance.
It's kind of like ironing your clothing, you see wrinkled untidy clothing even in retail and some stores
anymore by the employees.  Sad in my opinion.

And some of the men around here, both young and old, even in winter wear those long polyester shorts
and tops but I think its because they have gained so much weight its the only clothing that is comfortable. 

There is a campground not to far from my house that nobody wears pajamas at. In fact, they don't wear any clothes at it.

Its fenced in all around so people can't see in. Yeah I drove by once.....haha

I know we've got a nudest RV Resort 30 miles down the road from us.  You don't even need pajamas to be part of the crowd there!! ;D

BinaryBob said:
heh...
Naked old fat men wanting to see young shapely beauties.
Instead.......what they see are more naked old fat men.

Hey I haven't been to a nudist camp. Way to wreck it for me......hahaha

It seems people (including me) have gotten more and more casual in their dress.  I remember when taking a trip on an airplane ALL the ladies wore dresses (and usually hats) and men wore suits and ties (and definitely hats).

I guess the casual dress style has dissolved into pajamas for everyday wear.

The times they are a changin'

Back
Top Bottom