Happy, cool headed camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

I don't know how many of you have followed this but some time ago (july we think phone logs calls back to August but the first call is not logged).  I called a local RV technician about replacing a failed Carrier Air V.. as we know Carrier is no longer in the RV-A/C business.. So having already replaced one with an Advent Air (a fairly easy job if you get the kit they sell) we decided to go with a Coleman.. If you take this as a recommendation against AdventAir... Well, I've yet to do PM on the Coleman but that is why I do not like my Advent, witch to clean.

Turns out the adapter kit for the Coleman is made by a different company (AirXcel makes the Coleman, a different company is not currently makingm it appears the adapter) AirXcel told my Tech that if I did my own adapter (very they woudl void the warranty (Very illegal to do). so he insisted on the approved adapt-a-kit or .. We setteled on ceiling control unit.

JUST FINISHED installing it.. It's already cooler here in the Motor home

New Coleman is a 15,000 Just like the AdventAir, OEM Carriers were 13.5.  The Advent takes the same amount of electricity. Do not yet know about the Coleman as he did not give me the maintence manual which it seems contained that and it's taking forever to downlaod.

Back
Top Bottom