Fishing on the California Delta - at last

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
After some false starts this week, I finally got out for a couple of hours bass fishing yesterday. Whenever I try to sneak out, a couple of stowaways somehow get aboard the bass boat. They're always scanning for movement in the water and, when I bring a fish in, they're really excited.

Attachments

• LookingForFish.jpg
    LookingForFish.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 94
  • HomeAgain.jpg
    HomeAgain.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 105
Training ... the Mom would be in the water in a blink of an eye, if I let her. The daughter doesn't like the water.They both stand on our dock at home, barking at the passing boats and the ducks. Mom is always itching to jump in and swim.

When we had our first coach, we used to tow a boat most of the time. Nowadays we tow a Suburban behind the coach.

Tom said:
When we had our first coach, we used to tow a boat most of the time. Nowadays we tow a Suburban behind the coach.

Do you pull a boat behind the Sub or did you rent a boat?

We've towed a boat behind the Suburban, but not when the Burb is being towed by the coach. The original message in this topic is referring to the bass boat on a hydrohoist in the water behind our house. We live in a water-based community (see the second photo attached to the first message).

I'm surprised there is any water left in the Deltas with the California drought.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aye, you might think that, but we still have 30 feet in the bay behind the house. I haven't checked what the water levels are in the lakes, but they have to be low after 5 dry years. We need a lot of snow with a high moisture content the next several winters.

Tom said:
We've towed a boat behind the Suburban, but not when the Burb is being towed by the coach. The original message in this topic is referring to the bass boat on a hydrohoist in the water behind our house. We live in a water-based community (see the second photo attached to the first message).

Do you ever take out passing RV'rs on fishing trips?  ;) 

Hi Gregg, small world; We're in Discovery Bay. Coincidentally, our uke band performed for Knightsen elementary School just a few weeks ago. We love it when the kids sing along with us.

Let me know when you're in my back yard. We're in the third bay when you leave fast water heading towards the DB marina.

Right now, my other half just came out of replacement knee surgery, and isn't up for visitors.

I've been doing good in the Antioch area

On the Sacramento or the San Joaquin? We used to do good on sturgeon in Broad Slough.

FWIW the Antioch Marina is a great stop on our way home from the Bay. They have one berth that will accomodate our big boat. I'd call the Harbormaster, and he'd leave a key for me on the dock.

Tom,

One of our group just had the knee replacement surgery.  You probably met her at RiverPoint Marina but I wouldn't expect you to remember.  Wishing a speedy recovery and painless physical therapy to your DW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom