where can I get an inexpensive shower Faucet ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcraig

1989 20 ft Fleetwood Prowler Lynx
Well I replaced a cracked piece of water line(polybutylen ) using Sharkbite fitting and tube.
Then I turned on water pump and checked for leaks and there were none.I checked the faucets and toilet and everything worked fine.Then I got to the Shower faucet and turned it on and water went everywhere.

I took the Faucet off and tried tightening down the part that Shower hose fits on and ended up breaking it.

So now I need another one.

Would this one work ok?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Shower-Faucet-RV-Marine-White-Travel-Trailer-Camper-Clear-Handles-Diverter-/390492347725
I suppose the shower hose just screws on like the old one did?

Is this a decent price or can i find something cheaper?

Cheaper than $13.00?  Without seeing your faucet assembly it's difficult to say whether it would work. I believe it would but that's only me. Maybe others will chime in.

I Know ,I know ! LOL

Really Just wondering if Wal Mart might have something about the same price that i could just go pickup instead of having to wait.

Strange as it may sound an RV dealer will have the best price on that part..  And there is more.

Took me a while and a new faucet to figure out what happened.. but let me guess. You have a "Telephone" type shower. that is a wand on a hose you can hold in your hand like a telephoen handset.

The connection point on the mixing valve has a vacuum breaker device, basically the 1/2 inch connection has two halves when you get into it, One is the hole the water comes out of, the other is a hole air can enter via, a rubber washer covers both holes and acts as a check valve.. or rather it should..

that was why water went everywhere. the rubber washer was defective, all you needed do was remove the hose, remove the washer, clean and reinstall it...  Wish I'd have known that sooner.

As far as I know, Walmart doesn't carry that type of shower faucet. Most Rvs dealers will have it - it was in common use for many years. Prices will vary, but not necessarily a bunch more. However, Ebay, Amazon, or online RV parts stores will be a quick and inexpensive source - should get it in a few days.

Camping World stores have this similar faucet for $17:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/chrome-finish-shower-valve-w-d-spud/13273

I went ahead and bought one at the closest rv center today
19 Bucks,put it on and no leaks.

Back
Top Bottom