honest dealer and show around Denver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plaprv

After reading a whole lot of posts on the topic and my first "look around" trip, it seems to be hard to find a knowledgeable dealership or sale person.
Anyone would recommend one around Denver? It could be a trustful dealership, or or good and honnest saleperson?

Also, any show worth the visit in the Denver vincinity ? (up to 100 miles around)

Thanks

-- Pascal
[edit]Fixed typo in subject.[/edit]

Pascal:

Here is the next RV show in Denver: 

March 1-4, 50th Anniversary Colorado RV, Sports, Boat & Travel Show, National Western Complex, Denver. Info: 303-892-6800

The way to keep a dealer honest is to educate yourself before you approach him. There is a lot of info here on the Forum on what to look for when shopping.

For most dealers it's more a question of ignorance than honesty. That, and the fact their objective to to maximize profit rather than to save you money...  Few RV salesmen are experienced Rvers, though they may have used one a few times. And what they hear around the dealership and pass on to customers is rarely well-informed advice.

As Jeff says, educating yourself is your best protection.  We can help you...

Thanks

I have already learn a whole lot more on so many different topics just by reading this forum...

Jeff, I would suppose the date you gave is April and not March?

-- Pascal

Oops, sorry it was March. I have lost track of time down here.

The Denver RV show is over. We thought about going but didn't feel like driving over the mountains in spring....turned out, we could have as the weather has been excellent.

There will be another Show somewhere soon  You can bet on that.

RV Dealerships have the same challenge as any other industry, getting quality sales professionals that really want to train.  How many car dealerships have you been happy with...or appliance salesmen at Sears!  Too many take the sales shortcut and just "work the deal" rather than learning the product and identifying your needs.  We all like to buy from professionals that sell, those that know the product and lifestyle, not from sales professionals.

Like stated earlier, do your homework, learn the product, and become educated.  The more you know, the more you will be able to "work the salesman"!  I conduct RV Buying Seminars at several AGI shows throughout the country, if you happen to be in Pomona CA in April, I'd love to help you.  Otherwise, list your post here, there's a wealth of information and "buying" experience that we can help with.  By the way...what type of unit are you looking for?

Back
Top Bottom