Winterizing while at the Deer camp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batmanxj

I will be taking my TT to my deer camp and leaving it there until the end of hunting season.

Our climate.
South Arkansas winter usually has one week of the teen type weather other than that a few week of below freezing. pretty mild however I don't want to have busted pipes if possible. I will be using at-least every other weekend maybe most of them.

What steps should I take to keep from hurting my TT.

It no problem letting our grey water run into our sptic system at the camp. I want to think leaving a drip will do the job however I don't want to do it wrong if at all possible.

There are great winterizing threads on this site to search.

I would be weary to slow drip from an RV if temps are persistently at or below freezing and you are not there.  Your drain plumbing may not be as well insulated as a house.  I imagine you could get an ice dam which could cause the water to back up.

Is their water their too.  I would just get a good air compressor and blow out the lines when you leave camp.  Only takes about 15 min

If you are not there, it should be winterized.  Blow down method works well.  Leave water heater empty, and heat water on stove.  Disconnect and drain all water tanks and hoses when you leave, too.

Back
Top Bottom