White stuff falling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talking about winter and snow always reminds me of a guy that I worked with who was getting ready to retire.  I asked him, so what are your retirement plans.....travel, part-time job, hobbies?  Without a delay, he told me he was moving south, and I ask him where he was going to move.  He said, "I'm not sure, but I'm going to buy a snow plow for the truck, I'm driving SOUTH and I'm going to keep driving until someone stops me and asks....What is that thing on the front of your truck.  Then I'm going to drive another 100 miles and then I'll know I'm there!"

True story!

We had a about a foot on snow at our place. I am so glad we have a snow removal service.

Quit your crying,

"Monday morning, the wind chill in Baker Lake, Nunavut, bottomed out a a mind-numbing 56 degrees below zero. At that level of cold, exposed skin can freeze in five minutes."

Just be glad you are not camping in northern Canada. :eek:

Tom said:
Woke up this morning to snow that fell overnight here in the MidWest, but not sufficient snow for the HOA to plough our driveways; They sent out a truck to spray the driveways with what appeared to be antifreeze.

Chris has been hoping we'll have a white Christmas. Next forecast snow is late next week, so Chris still has a chance of getting her wish.

Brrr...

Wishing you good luck on the "white Christmas".  When we lived in "lake effect" Indiana, we loved the early show falls and "dreaming of a white Christmas".

Here now in So. FL I heard the other day that one of our local Malls has trucked in "snow" for the locals to enjoy. Don't think the sponsors were planning on temps in the mid-80's which we are having, though.  ::)

We are on our way south.  Now on a 10 day stop in South Carolina.  Woke up this morning and were completely surrounded by NO Snow, as planned!!  However, we will get some below freezing nights before heading further south.  Hoping not to have a white Christmas.  It was in the 70s here yesterday.  Nice walk up the beach with a sunset behind us and a big bright moon over the ocean.  Came back up the beach to the campground by moonlight.  Today we go to the Carolina Opry Christmas Show.

Life is good! 

Won't make it south, but I kinda enjoy the white stuff also.  Just added more wood to the wood stave, grabbed another cup of coffee, and now relaxing reading RV Forum.  9 below with a 22 below wind chill this morning.  I have a tractor with heated cab and truck with snowplow.  No worries!

Actually, after I retired we did enjoy having a snowfall occasionally.  We live in a town with many military bases close and lots people from areas that never get snow.  So, when the snows come there are lots of vehicles in the ditches and lots of crashes at intersections. We stayed close to home when it snowed.  I have often had to do some evasive maneuvers to get out of the way of vehicles coming through the intersection trunk first through the red light.  Now we head south and never see snow or spinning vehicles.  We are from Virginia on the coast and get very little snow and seldom had to shovel.  The city has a little sand for bridges and intersections and some trucks but no real snow removal equipment.

SeilerBird said:
Quit your crying,

"Monday morning, the wind chill in Baker Lake, Nunavut, bottomed out a a mind-numbing 56 degrees below zero. At that level of cold, exposed skin can freeze in five minutes."

Says the guy still in his shorts and a high today of 84 degrees....

SeilerBird said:
Quit your crying,

At that temperature we cover our heads with the hood on the parka. ;D

72* here in CENCAL today. Broke a bit of a sweat raking some leaves.  ::)

Supposed to get some rain Thursday, more White Stuff in the Sierra's. We sure need it.

Joe

BIG JOE said:
72* here in CENCAL today. Broke a bit of a sweat raking some leaves.  ::)

Supposed to get some rain Thursday, more White Stuff in the Sierra's. We sure need it.

Joe
I broke a sweat yesterday............................shoveling snow. My snowblower needs fixed. Going down to 6F tonight, Saturday is 52F with more snow.  :eek:

Got 1+ inches of rain today, still raining. It's been a good steady soaking rain.. we need that here. It usually DUMPS and runs into the catch basins.

The Weather folks got it right this time. 8)

Joe

Lots of White Stuff in the Sierra's. We needed that too.

Getting caught up on what's happening.
Funny thread.  It was 8 degrees when I went to work last night at 1 AM. Don't remember the wind chill. Let's just say it was cold.
Suppose to get up into the 30's for a few days here in MI.
HEAT WAVE!

Just got home from work. Took off one layer of clothing (Carharts). Still have two layers on as I type. Still thawing out!

I find it funny different people's definition of cold.  ;)

I was wearing a parka for the drive to work today in Mid Michigan, even though the heat and heated sat was blasting I still should of put some thermals bottoms on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom