Sour lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lookin' good, just like everything else you've done. :))
Have you ever thought of opening an RV repair business? 8)

kdbgoat said:
Lookin' good, just like everything else you've done. :))
Have you ever thought of opening an RV repair business? 8)

Thanks, I don't think I want to do that, now I know why the repair guy wanted $3000 to $4000. I wouldn't do it....wait a minute, I did :)

I just read your entire thread.  I am very impressed.  I seem to find people claim they have no experience or skills and then they turn out some beautiful work. 

I just thought I had a daunting task to replace a pair of twin beds with a single full size bed.  My hat is off to you!

"CX"

ConductorX said:
I just read your entire thread.  I am very impressed.  I seem to find people claim they have no experience or skills and then they turn out some beautiful work. 

I just thought I had a daunting task to replace a pair of twin beds with a single full size bed.  My hat is off to you!

"CX"

Thank you!

So glad you got her fixed again and the damaged wasn't too bad.  I actually laughed out loud when I read the comment on your mix matched wheels.  I went back and looked, they didn't start out that way and here I was so impressed with your work and attention to detail. - Haha I have no doubt you have already switched them back for matching sides.  :)

ClickHill said:
So glad you got her fixed again and the damaged wasn't too bad.  I actually laughed out loud when I read the comment on your mix matched wheels.  I went back and looked, they didn't start out that way and here I was so impressed with your work and attention to detail. - Haha I have no doubt you have already switched them back for matching sides.  :)

Actually no? the tire that was on there went flat while I was working on it. The valves rubber seal had torn??? I put the spare on and never notice the difference in the wheels. I was going to replace the bad valve and use this tire as the spare because it is worn. Now because someone had to raise the point about different wheels I may have to rethink that idea? On a brighter note after 5 months sense purchase we are going on our first trip... to the beach!

Modeladay said:
Now because someone had to raise the point about different wheels I may have to rethink that idea? On a brighter note after 5 months sense purchase we are going on our first trip... to the beach!
Sorry.  :-X :'(
Hope you have a good time at the beach. Enjoy. 

I thought I would finsh this thread up by saying we just spent a week at the beach. We made it back in one piece, as far as I can tell nothing fell off, collapsed or caved in?

Modeladay said:
I thought I would finsh this thread up by saying we just spent a week at the beach. We made it back in one piece, as far as I can tell nothing fell off, collapsed or caved in?

You are speaking of the trailer I assume. Every time we go camping something falls off, caves in or collapses on me not our RV.

I'm happy for you. That just shows how well you did making repairs. That lemonade is getting sweeter now huh?  8)

I had complete confidence you would make such a report after your first trip. Your efforts have paid off, and while you would have chosen not to have to make them, you now know more about your trailer than the vast majority of us. I should think that would give you great peace of mind. Congrats! I hope you have many pleasurable days camping in your trailer.

Punomatic said:
I had complete confidence you would make such a report after your first trip. Your efforts have paid off, and while you would have chosen not to have to make them, you now know more about your trailer than the vast majority of us. I should think that would give you great peace of mind. Congrats! I hope you have many pleasurable days camping in your trailer.

Thanks, it was a long hot summer, I guess the camper will last as long as me anyway. Just got to keep an eye on that roof? BTW we also have a 2014 Titan SL?

I read your entire story and I want to add my congratulation for doing a great job and hanging in there with patience and perseverance.

I hope you use it in good health and often.

Back in the 90s i lived near Stone Mountain for a couple of years.

HueyPilotVN said:
I read your entire story and I want to add my congratulation for doing a great job and hanging in there with patience and perseverance.

I hope you use it in good health and often.

Back in the 90s i lived near Stone Mountain for a couple of years.

Thank you, I do hope it is an inspiration and warning to others? We live sbout 140 mile east of there, we are originally from WV, I miss it everyday.

Bumping this for another poster who had questions on repairing water damage ;)

Hope you are enjoying your camper! Glad you were able to complete the repairs and take it out.  :)

We have another trip to the beach planned for the end of March. I need to dewinterrize, work on a leaky kitchen sink faucet and see if there is something wrong with the TV antenna. It really should work better than it does and I suspect dirty connectors . When we get back I?m going to remove the bunk bed to open up that area as we will never climb up in that bunk anyway. Than Im going to inclose the master bedroom and add a door. The half wall I will need to build is going to be well insulated as the wife stays up late watching TV. I will also provide a mounting structure in the center of the wall with cable and wiring for a future TV for the master.... me? Also when I get up on the roof I?m going over every seal woth self leveling chalking. Ill post photos when I start.

Modeladay said:
We have another trip to the beach planned for the end of March. I need to dewinterrize, work on a leaky kitchen sink faucet and see if there is something wrong with the TV antenna. It really should work better than it does and I suspect dirty connectors . When we get back I?m going to remove the bunk bed to open up that area as we will never climb up in that bunk anyway. Than Im going to inclose the master bedroom and add a door. The half wall I will need to build is going to be well insulated as the wife stays up late watching TV. I will also provide a mounting structure in the center of the wall with cable and wiring for a future TV for the master.... me? Also when I get up on the roof I?m going over every seal woth self leveling chalking. Ill post photos when I start.
This post makes me so happy! You've gone from someone so unhappy and reluctant to do repairs - to a serial upgrader! Good for you. Yay....

Back
Top Bottom