EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Sour lemonade  (Read 7522 times)

kdbgoat

• ---
Re: Sour lemonade
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2017, 10:00:19 AM »
Man.... Covered by insurance?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2017, 11:18:10 AM »
When I saw the thumbnail picture, it looked like there was a giant hole in the side of your trailer. My heart sank. I was relieved when I opened the picture to find it is the awning. That is fixable, and although you have been through so much already, you know you can fix it. I guess this is why people say that our "stuff" owns us...always demanding attention. FWIW, I use our awning very little, because I have have had problems with wind dismantling it. I never go to bed with the awning deployed. You'll get through this repair and find that it is easy compared to what you have already done to your trailer. Godspeed, my friend.

Thanks and you are right, I'm off to the RV place to see about repair parts. I don't have problems compared to a lot of people.

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2017, 11:20:31 AM »
Thanks and you are right, I'm off to the RV place to see about repair parts. I don't have problems compared to a lot of people.

$500 deductible  :(

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

DigitalVI

• ---
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »
If the inside is still dry, you are way ahead of the game.  That was a true test of your hard work.

Dvan

• ---
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
Well to add salt to the wound now this, thanks Irma

The question is, did it leak? :)
Daryll & Erin
2013 Thor Damon Daybreak 34BD bunkhouse
Parker, Colorado

1988 Jeep Wrangler toad with Stowmaster 5000 tow bar

Permanent campsite in Redhill Forest near Fairplay, CO

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »
The question is, did it leak? :)

Well not that I could tell, problem is I bought it not knowing it was full leaks :) the only way to know if it is leaking again is to buy a moisture meter or wait for it to rot ;D

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »
Well I spent another 115.00 in repair parts, one rv place had a complete used arm assembly $55.00. Sense there were no more to be found I had the bottom foot welded back on the arm 60.00 buck plus tax which I thought was high for 15 minutes work :( oh well , now if I can get help threading the canopy back in place. Still have not used it and I can never sell it because my conscience won't let me.

catblaster

• ---
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2017, 07:47:54 AM »
Well I spent another 115.00 in repair parts, one rv place had a complete used arm assembly $55.00. Sense there were no more to be found I had the bottom foot welded back on the arm 60.00 buck plus tax which I thought was high for 15 minutes work :( oh well , now if I can get help threading the canopy back in place. Still have not used it and I can never sell it because my conscience won't let me.

I get that a lot but I usually wont throw the switch on my welder for less than $60. I have 6K in tools and time spent (5 yrs) apprenticeship...I have seen what cheap welding looks like. If you were close I would have done it for free, just for you!
Glad your damage was not worse and hope you dont find any moisture later. Good job !!
Will and Jane
95 Winnebago Luxor

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2017, 01:04:15 PM »
TA DAh!

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
Lookin' good, just like everything else you've done. :))
Have you ever thought of opening an RV repair business? 8)

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2017, 02:03:59 PM »
Now swap your wheels around so the match.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
Lookin' good, just like everything else you've done. :))
Have you ever thought of opening an RV repair business? 8)

Thanks, I don't think I want to do that, now I know why the repair guy wanted $3000 to $4000. I wouldn't do it....wait a minute, I did :)

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2017, 02:41:43 PM »
Now swap your wheels around so the match.

Now why did you have to do that :'( I didn't notice it until now :)

ConductorX

• ---
  • Skully Wood and Metal
    • Class A Adventures
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2017, 02:37:18 PM »
I just read your entire thread.  I am very impressed.  I seem to find people claim they have no experience or skills and then they turn out some beautiful work. 

I just thought I had a daunting task to replace a pair of twin beds with a single full size bed.  My hat is off to you!

"CX"
ConductorX
2004 Thor Windsport 34W
Ford V-10 Gas
https://classaadventures.blogspot.com/

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2017, 09:53:01 PM »
I just read your entire thread.  I am very impressed.  I seem to find people claim they have no experience or skills and then they turn out some beautiful work. 

I just thought I had a daunting task to replace a pair of twin beds with a single full size bed.  My hat is off to you!

"CX"

Thank you!

ClickHill

• ---
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
So glad you got her fixed again and the damaged wasn't too bad.  I actually laughed out loud when I read the comment on your mix matched wheels.  I went back and looked, they didn't start out that way and here I was so impressed with your work and attention to detail. - Haha I have no doubt you have already switched them back for matching sides.   :)
D & D
2015 Winnebago Itasca Suncruiser
2013 Chevy Equinox toad

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2017, 11:49:16 PM »
So glad you got her fixed again and the damaged wasn't too bad.  I actually laughed out loud when I read the comment on your mix matched wheels.  I went back and looked, they didn't start out that way and here I was so impressed with your work and attention to detail. - Haha I have no doubt you have already switched them back for matching sides.   :)

Actually no😁 the tire that was on there went flat while I was working on it. The valves rubber seal had torn??? I put the spare on and never notice the difference in the wheels. I was going to replace the bad valve and use this tire as the spare because it is worn. Now because someone had to raise the point about different wheels I may have to rethink that idea😡 On a brighter note after 5 months sense purchase we are going on our first trip... to the beach!

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2017, 05:58:46 AM »
Now because someone had to raise the point about different wheels I may have to rethink that idea😡 On a brighter note after 5 months sense purchase we are going on our first trip... to the beach!
Sorry.  :-X :'(
Hope you have a good time at the beach. Enjoy. 
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Modeladay

• ---
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
Sorry.  :-X :'(
Hope you have a good time at the beach. Enjoy.

I was just pulling your chain🙂 I will enjoy despite the wheels😃

Hosted by Over The Network