EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Another black tank question  (Read 2437 times)

Frank B

• ---
Re: Another black tank question
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 05:39:02 PM »
3 things:

Any unit we have owned has had a direct vertical connection between the toilet and the black tank.  Therefore, Turn off the water, hold the toilet flush open, and with a flashlight you can quickly determine how full the tank is.

We boondock a lot, and water management is important. Grey tanks usually fill first, so we do dishes in a plastic basin, then pour it down the toilet. Extra water and dish soap keep the black tank flowing, and grey tanks will then accept more showering.

We also never put toilet paper down the toilet, but rather in a covered trash can beside the toilet. Wet excrement stinks, but dry does not. Never had an odor issue from this. Toilet paper can be an issue, however, in thickening the contents of the black tank.

Frank.
Linux:  Free, open, elegant.
06 GMC 3500 Duramax crew/long pulling 2010 Arctic Fox 30U with 1700 lb Reese Titan Class 5.
1.2 kw solar

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 08:24:18 PM »
Any unit we have owned has had a direct vertical connection between the toilet and the black tank.

I'm on my second rig that has an angle from the toilet to the tank, making that determination impossible -- one had a macerator, and the other a pump to move the effluent. So they're not all straight through.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2018, 08:40:10 PM »
My current RV and the one previous had the pipe go down to a 45 then down to another 45 then into the tank.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:52:05 PM by Rene T »
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

BIG JOE

• ---
  • Twice Retired
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 02:04:20 PM »
My current RV and the one previous had the pipe go own to a 45 then down to another 45 then into the tank.

I'm on my second rig that has an angle from the toilet to the tank, making that determination impossible -- one had a macerator, and the other a pump to move the effluent. So they're not all straight through.

X3. None of the 5 Rigs I've owned have had a straight drop to the black tank.

A dose of Dawn Dish Soap.. a good slosh, between destinations... or letting the tank fill to at least 3/4 full.. then Dump & Rinse.. Yer Good To Go (no pun intended...well maybe ? )

Joe   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:06:41 PM by BIG JOE »
Joe

Tow an 016 29RS "Reflection" 5r w/Trailair pin box...with a 2012 Ford DRW, F-350, 4x4, Loaded de-Blinged Lariat CC, 6.7 Diesel.. Wife & I, Beck & Sheeka the Dogs.. And as of 5-17.. Lizzie, the Kitten in Training.