need some specifics to winterize my Laredo 29RK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeNNRV

First time winterizing this particular trailer.  OM, videos from Keystone, YouTube, etc are too generic for me.  I have drained all water tanks, hoses, and water heater, and I do not have an ice maker or washing machine.  OK with the water heater bypass valve.  Added antifreeze to the p traps of all drains.

First problem is that the fill for the freshwater is a hose connection with a check valve.  It will not allow me to add RV antifreeze.  Even if I remove the connection the inside diameter of the hose is tiny.
I do not know where the water pump is located.  If I did I would use the suction inlet to pull from the AF jug.  I am trying to avoid removing any of the undercarriage panels.  Neither dealership nor internet has been helpful.
But, from my reading of the various manuals, the water pump should have a strainer that requires periodic cleaning.  So, I should probably know how to access this.

I have an air pressure adapter that will fit the freshwater inlet and the blackwater tank flush connection, so I have the option of blowing out most water.  Unfortunately I do not have a high volume air compressor.

Any help is appreciated.

Just use the city water fill, hook your air compressor there set PSI at 40, start with a full air tank, open faucets 1 at a time,  when it runs out wait for it to fill & start again 3-4 time and you should be good, don't forget the dump tank spray hose if you have 1.

MikeNNRV said:
I do not know where the water pump is located.  If I did I would use the suction inlet to pull from the AF jug. 
I'm at a loss for words.  Certainly you can hear this water pump.  Many times, open a lower kitchen cabinet close to where the outside water inlet is.  There might be a dummy door, 2 screws in front of it.  It really is the best way to ensure you have pink stuff well distributed. 

cic317 said:
Just use the city water fill, hook your air compressor there set PSI at 40, start with a full air tank, open faucets 1 at a time,  when it runs out wait for it to fill & start again 3-4 time and you should be good, don't forget the dump tank spray hose if you have 1.

And don't forget the outside shower if you have one.  You should be able to pin point the location of the pump like PJ said. 

DO NOT add pink stuff to the fresh tank!!  It will take years to get the flavor out!  Drain the tank, then close the valve to keep varmints out.
No need to do anything to the wattle heater except drain and bypass.  Use air to blow water out of all lines, hot and cold,  including all sinks, shower, toilet, black flush, outside shower and low point drains.

Find the water pump.  Turn it on and follow the noise.  There will be a small filter on the pump inlet.  Remove and clean the filter.  Run the pump for a minute, pumping air, before replacing the filter.

grashley said:
DO NOT add pink stuff to the fresh tank!!  It will take years to get the flavor out! 
That's simply not true. Any anti-freeze taste in the fresh water system is negated by the bleach used to sanitize the system in the spring.

Any anti-freeze taste in the fresh water system is negated by the bleach used to sanitize the system in the spring.
So it tastes like chlorine instead of antifreeze?  ???

Among the 6 RVs I've owned, 3 of them retained quite a bit of water in the fresh tank when allegedly "empty". The pump wouldn't suck it all out, nor would the drain empty it fully. Getting rid of residual tastes was a PITA!  I learned to avoid putting anything but water in the tank!

1.  Drain water heater and replace plug.
2.  Drain all low point openings.
3.  Hook air compressor to city water inlet, I set pressure at 25-30 psi.  That won't break anything.
4.  Open each valve until nothing but mist comes out.  When you're done, start over and do it a second time.
5.  Pour ample pink stuff down the traps.

Your RV is winterized.

I would NEVER pump the pink stuff into my fresh system.  Traps only. 
I built the adapter for my compressor from fittings from Lowes.  Cost under $5

Attachments

• Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom