EPDM Coatings
Desert Valley RV Park
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: 180-degree valve stem extension  (Read 2762 times)

scottydl

• Admin assist
  • ---
  • Central IL
180-degree valve stem extension
« on: March 17, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »
I am trying (with little luck) to find one of those "J" or "U" shaped tire valve stem extensions, to make it easier to fill the inside-facing dually stems.  Anyone know of a good online resource?  The dual-chuck truck tire gauge I have (as well as similar dual-chuck air nozzles) are hard to use sometimes for 1 of my rear tires in particular... they just don't line up quite right, and I end up letting out 10 psi before I can get 5 psi back in.   ::)  I figured it would be easier if I had a 180-degree extension, for use only when checking or filling the tires (I would not be leaving it attached all the time).
Scott, wife, 3 boys... and the dog
1994 Thor Residency 3500 owned 2007-2012
Now looking for the next perfect RV...

Ned

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: 180-degree valve stem extension
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:17:40 PM »
Go to RVUpgradeStore and search for part no. 92-9371.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Want to know what we're doing? http://blog.usabyrv.us

scottydl

• Admin assist
  • ---
  • Central IL
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:24:11 AM »
That's the one, thanks!  One of my rear tires had one of these attached when I bought my MH, but it didn't attach very securely and a slight bump would cause air to leak out.  I removed it and threw it away, but in hindsight I probably should have kept it just for refilling purposes.  Do you know if there is a quality difference in these parts, or are they all pretty much the same?
Scott, wife, 3 boys... and the dog
1994 Thor Residency 3500 owned 2007-2012
Now looking for the next perfect RV...

Ned

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »
I have a set of those from the RVUpgradeStore and they appear to be of good quality.  I have to use them as the rear tires don't have enough room for me to get my hand inside to remove the PP sensor from the outside dual without dropping it.  I did tighten them a bit past hand tight and they haven't leaked.  I don't know about any other brands, but these seem to be fine.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Want to know what we're doing? http://blog.usabyrv.us

Clay L

• ---
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:25:17 AM »
This company http://www.duallyvalve.com/  makes steel extensions that are installed in the wheel. When I replace my tires i a couple of years I plan on having them installed on the duals.
They are pricy though.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Settled down after full timing for eleven years and snowbirding for one year in a 2004 Winnebago 35N Sightseer, Workhorse W 20 Chassis. Honda toad

Will

• ---
    • Mississippi Biofuels Group
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:26:52 AM »
When I had my RV serviced the Tire place installed some flexible stainless steel tubes that then attached to a bracket bolted to the lug.  It worked great and was easy to move when I rotated the tire.
Will - KD5CZF
1980 Champion Transtar Class C on Dodge van chassis