EPDM Coatings
Desert Valley RV Park
CamperLite RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products

Author Topic: Mercedes diesel vs CAT vs Cummins  (Read 4554 times)

PAPA BARE

• ---
Mercedes diesel vs CAT vs Cummins
« on: October 03, 2008, 09:16:12 PM »
 I WAS WONDERING IF ENYONE HAD INFORMATION ON THE MERCEDES DIESEL IN MH COMPARED TO CAT OR CUMMINS OR IF THERE ENYONE HAS ANY EXPERINCE WITH THEM?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:18:07 PM by Tom »

jh sechelt

• ---
Re: Mercedes diesel vs CAT vs Cummins
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:57:11 AM »
I'd have no problem with a  MERCEDES DIESEL, but would wonder about repair cost............... Like Cat's & Cummin's are cheap to repair.......not.

JH
2008 Revolution LE 40E
& a little Ford Ranger" The Pusher".
J&D From B.C. Canada

Mark R.

• ---
  • 1986 Executive Industries 1967 Ford Fairlane,toad
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:00:01 PM »
On my second Mercedes diesel , just does not get any better, have a Cat in my present MH , good motor , no complaints and anyone can work on them. Good luck.
If you do not stand behind our troops please feel free to stand in front of them!

Gary RV Roamer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • We're on the road again...
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »
Friends have the Merc diesel in their 07 Phaeton - no problems, so no experience on the dealer network either. Detroit Diesel is the distributor and service center for Mercedes truck & RV diesels in the USA, so you don't deal with the Mercedes auto dealer network at all.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition
2007 GMC Acadia
Homebase: Ocala National Forest, FL

PAPA BARE

• ---
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »
 THANKS FOR THE INFO. SAW SOME ADVERTISED AT GOOD PRICES WAS WONDERING HOW THE PREFORMED AND SERVICE WAS ABOUT LIKE CAT OR COMMENS. EVERYONE WITH THE CAT AND COMMINS ARE WELL PLEASED THAT I HAVE TALDED TO.

busa

• ---
  • "Nothing`s better than the outdoors."
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »
I will give you my opinion and the opinion of a few trucker`s I know:  CUMMINS! For some reason they state to have less visits to the mechanic than with previous engine brands. Good Luck.
2008 Forest River Charleston freightliner xc 400 cummins ISL 41 feet long pulling a 2007 Nissan Armada. Tampa, Fl.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 07:29:38 AM »
ALL the incidents we have had with our Cat in 80k miles have been with accessories that Freightliner added to the engine, starter relay, power steering pump, and coolant control module. If you purchases a Cummins equipped Freightliner most of these same parts would be on the coach.

PAPA BARE

• ---
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »
have no problem with cat or cummins was just wondering about the mercedes in a m / h. just see a few with them, so just wonted to see how Meany had them and how they preformed. thanks for all comments.