EPDM Coatings
Desert Valley RV Park
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: P2506 DTC in a 2008 Dodge Sprinter Chassis Navion IQ  (Read 4096 times)

Travelman23

• ---
P2506 DTC in a 2008 Dodge Sprinter Chassis Navion IQ
« on: October 11, 2008, 05:56:14 PM »
I stored my Class C last week outside, covered at an RV Storeage Facility in Michigan. This week I went to check on it and the battery was stone dead. I managed to get it started after some time using the boost switch from the deep cycle batteries. I let it run for 30 minutes. When I did get it going I noticed the amber engine light lit in the instrument cluster. I had taken the Scan Guage II OBD off for the winter and taken it home. By the time I got back to the RV about 4 hours later the battery was dead again, and again I got it started using a boost. The Scan Guage DTC code was P2506 which indicated ECM/PCM Power Input Range/Perf....whatever that is. I plan to check with the dealer next week but do the error code and dead battery seem related?
Thanks is advance...

KodiakRV

• ---
Re: P2506 DTC in a 2008 Dodge Sprinter Chassis Navion IQ
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:57:11 PM »
If I had to guess, I would say the scan code was complaining about a low voltage condition caused by the battery.  I don't think it was  reporting anything that CAUSED the battery to go dead. 

If your battery was stone dead, 30 minutes isn't enough to recharge it.  Plus, if it is a normal car battery, going stone dead may well have permanently damaged it, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 08:43:34 PM by KodiakRV »
Frank
Florida

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
I agree is is likely the battery is toast.  When you get a new one make sure it isn't made by Exide.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Gary RV Roamer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • We're on the road again...
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:02:22 AM »
I believe that error code merely indicates that power to the ECM (engine control module/computer) was too low, i.e. the battery was dead.

30 minutes will not recharge a dead battery very much, so whatever is draining it flattened it again in 4 hours.  Make sure your entry step light is not staying on - it is hard to see in daylight and easy to miss. A power step usually runs off the chassis battery and can drain it fast. If you can't find the source of the power draw, add a battery disconnect switch to the chassis battery.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition
2007 GMC Acadia
Homebase: Ocala National Forest, FL

Travelman23

• ---
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 06:05:09 PM »
It's funny that you mentioned the entry step light, the connector has been loose, necessitating some wiggling to get it to come on. I will check it. Also I ran the engine again today after tightening up the battery connections and the check engine light went out.
Thanks to all of you very much.

RVMike

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »
The 2008 Dodge Sprinter Chassis has a chassis battery disconnect located a couple of inches above the accelerator pedal. Slide the red tab down and give the disconnect a jerk. It snaps back in place easily.

RVMike

Travelman23

• ---
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
Thanks, I will do that.
 Just got the unit back from the dealer and the battery was OK. They bet that I left the entry step light on inadvertantly.