RVing message boards > Winnebago-specific issues

Survey of CRT TV to LCD replacements

<< < (40/62) > >>

bbbeebop:
Art, Nice work I love the design.  Question:  How did you accomodate the return air vent under your new cabinet, is there a grate of some sort on the side?

winnone:
Very nice job Max!  Neat, organized, secure and gives lots of room for other items in that cabinet.  Makes a person start thinking what can be done. :)

rogertai:
I'm installing a digital satellite dish and want to replace the CRT TV in my 2005 Winnebago adventurer 37b any tips.

John Canfield:

--- Quote from: rogertai on June 03, 2012, 06:23:37 AM ---... any tips.
--- End quote ---

Welcome Roger!  Tips - yes.  Read through this thread and then look over the Remodeling board posts (in rvforum.)

johntk:
Original Post in Winnebago specific issues / Sightseer TV/DTD (March 5, 2012)
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 29R

I have an analog TV between the passenger/driver and want to remove it to install a digital TV. I removed the wood frame but was not able to determine a way to get behind the TV to get it out.
Has anyone found the way into the TV compartment without tearing out upholstery either under or on the sides of the compartment?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
June 20, 2012
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 29R

I'm finally back to working on getting my TV replaced.  Thanks to all who responded to the original post.  I've also read thru this Survey of CRT to LCD thread.  Lots of ingenious ideas and terrific craftsmanship.  It makes me feel pretty dumb to not even be able to get my TV out. 

Which brings me to the situation and problem I hope  somebody can help me with.  My overhead TV cabinet installation appears to be the same or at least very similar to all Winnebago models old and new.  However the TV mounting is not.  The TV is an old Sharp HD, vice a CRT.  There is no metal strap holding it in.  The mounting looks similar to what some of you have done with your new TV's: 
wood running laterally across the metal case and screwed to the sides of that case -
TV wall-mount running vertically and screwed to lateral piece of wood -
then the TV held in place forward with Velcro against the fascia.

This information was gleaned by climbing onto the dashboard and peeking thru the hole in the back of the metal case.  There's just enough room to see inside, but not nearly enough to reach my hand/arm in to loosen bolts.
It appears that what I need is a way to remove the upholstery from all around the lower part of the metal case.  This will expose the openings in the metal case and allow access to the rear of the TV and to its mounting.  There are 2 wood screws running thru the upholstery at the very front of the case, which is a start;  but the upholstery is far too solidly installed all around the case for these screws to be the only anchors.  There must be another mechanism along the sides and the back of the lower portion of the metal case for holding the upholstery in place.

I've noticed that no one has spent much time explaining how they removed their TV.  This leads me to believe that I am overlooking something very simple.  I hope that someone will take pity and be kind enough to point it out to me.

Thanks,
John                                          

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version