EPDM Coatings
Desert Valley RV Park
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: RV Tires...where to buy?  (Read 6049 times)

Rdogsdad

• ---
RV Tires...where to buy?
« on: September 17, 2005, 03:29:08 PM »
I will making a quick trip to Phoenix next week to pick up a new to me 97 Bounder.  Would like to replace the tires before returning home.  Where do you go to buy RV tires?  Should I be looking at a Discount tire, or Belle, or go directly with an RV dealer?  How much can I expect to spend on all 6?  Thanks to all in advance.  Think I'm going to spending a lot of time here in the RV community!

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: RV Tires...where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 03:31:14 PM »
Hi Rdogsdad,

I have never used them but have heard Les Schwab is a good place to buy tires. I think they might be in the Phoenix area but am not sure. I know they are in OR but that's too far. :)
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Lowell

• ---
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 05:09:37 PM »
I've been real pleased with Discount tires.  Tire repair and rotation are free. I think they will quote you a price over the phone so you can call them.  I bought tires from them a few years ago for my pop-up and have used them when I replace my truck and van tires too. If you don't leave near them, maybe the service doesn't mean that much, but to me, the free service after the sale has meant a lot.
Jake
Lowell

2005 Cherokee28A TT
pulled by 2009 Dodge 1500 Crew Cab 4X4
KF7YET

Tempe, Arizona

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 05:59:49 PM »
Les Schwab doesn't have any dealerships in Phoenix and Discount is great on car tires, but isn't really equipped for trucks. S&S has a few dealerships around town and I've been satisfied for light truck tires. There is a major truck tire dealership near downtown (don't have access to phone book or other references here in Winnemucca) around McDowell and 21st Ave., near the intersection of I-1- and I-17.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Ned

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 06:41:32 PM »
I bought my last pair of tires from Wingfoot in Phoenix.  As to cost, what size tires are you looking for?
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Want to know what we're doing? http://blog.usabyrv.us

Rdogsdad

• ---
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 09:10:19 AM »
  The numbers from the inspection report are 235/65/16E.

Ned

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 10:03:12 AM »
Discount Tire in Phoenix shows the Michelin in the 235/65R-16 size as $145.
2007 GMC Canyon

rhmahoney

• ---
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 11:16:05 PM »
Bernie said:"There is a major truck tire dealership near downtown (don't have access to phone book or other references here in Winnemucca) around McDowell and 21st Ave., near the intersection of I-1- and I-17.'

I've dealt with this tire shop and can recommend them. The location, as I remember it is at the corner of McDowell rd and I-17, with entrance on northbound frontage road.
Green Flash seeker
Country Coach Magna
Datastorm internet satellite dish.D3.Direcway 7000 modem

Ned

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 07:57:02 AM »
I think that may be the Wingfoot store that we bought our last 2 Goodyear tires from.
2007 GMC Canyon

Howard R

• ---
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 06:32:21 PM »
Hi Rdogsdad,

I have been using Discount Tire in the Denver area for some 20 + years now ... they were the first ones I could find who used a torque wrench on the lugs ... was getting tired of needing new lugs back then.   ;D

I have been very happy with their service over the years, in fact tires are probably about the only thing I don't shop or over shop for.  Having said that when I needed to replace the tires on our used mh I did shop around for Goodyears ... Wingfoot, Farm co-op and Discount.  Got the G-670's from them and price was competitive (and they said they would match).  We have the 225/70R/19.5's and they have been just fine so far, due for a rotation which will be no charge.

So I would recommend Discount ... there may be stores that aren't equipped to handle the motor homes but mine seemed to have no problem. 

Howard
2001 Fleetwood Southwind 35R
V10   F53
Colorado