EPDM Coatings
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: Towing a Ford Escape with a Winnebago Minnie Winnie  (Read 2747 times)

lareaherron

• ---
Towing a Ford Escape with a Winnebago Minnie Winnie
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »
Help - I've never towed a car behind my 30 ft Class C Winnebago.  Does anyone know what method you would use (tow bar or dolly) for a 2007 Ford Escape.  I would like to go on the road for a couple of months and would like to tow my SUV -

Thanks. LaRea

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
Re: Towing a Ford Escape with a Winnebago Minnie Winnie
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:00:11 PM »
    LeRea, unless the Explorer is a hybrid, you will need to use a dolly.  Search previous strings as to which might be best suited for you. 
Ed & Donna
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:25 PM »
Check Remco. Looks like it's towable if it's a manual transmission but needs to be dollied or trailered if it's an automatic.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2004 Winnebago Sightseer
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

lareaherron

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »
Thanks guys  - it looks like with the 2007 Escape (non-hybrid) 4wd has to be trailered.  That's too bad, as I would imagine they are very expensive.

LaRea

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »
Thanks guys  - it looks like with the 2007 Escape (non-hybrid) 4wd has to be trailered.  That's too bad, as I would imagine they are very expensive.

Not to mention that it would be a lot of weight, maybe more than your Winnie can handle. We tow a VW beetle because it weights practically nothing.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2004 Winnebago Sightseer
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

lareaherron

• ---
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »
I've gone on along trips (6,000 miles) without towing a vehicle, but as you know with a motor home you can't hook up and go, so I have always rented a vehicle in the bigger cities on my trips, but I was kind of hoping not to do that anymore - oh well, - have to see what I do from here -

LaRea