Sad RV Accident in Nebraska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    That is a scary prospect, it doesn't say what caused the fire or why it spread so quickly.

Ed

Here is an update on the story.

Nebraska State Patrol Public Information Officer Deb Collins says an RV caught fire while traveling on Interstate 80 near the Beaver Crossing exit Wednesday afternoon. Officials say both people in the RV died.

Officials say an elderly couple from Florida were traveling eastbound in the RV when it blew a tire. Witnesses say they swerved into a median and the RV caught fire. The RV eventually stopped on the on ramp near the Beaver Crossing exit. Collins said witnesses reported seeing the RV fully engulfed in flames.

Officials say the RV was pulling another vehicle behind it.

The Nebraska State Patrol is not releasing the names of the victims, but they say the RV was registered in Naples, FL.

Another good reason to have a TPMS. They don't cost money, they save money and lives.

WeatherWunder said:
Officials say an elderly couple from Florida were traveling eastbound in the RV when it blew a tire. Witnesses say they swerved into a median and the RV caught fire. The RV eventually stopped
When I read the word eventually I wonder if the driver wasn't wearing their seat belt and they got thrown out of the seat when they hit the median.  Or maybe they were wearing their seat belt and were knocked unconscious.  Just speculating though.  We'll never know.

seilerbird said:
Another good reason to have a TPMS. They don't cost money, they save money and lives.

Maybe the tire lost pressure before it blew. Maybe not. A TPMS may or may not have been any help in this sad case.

I don't think we know whether or not this RV couple had TPMS in their unit either.

Back
Top Bottom