winterizing Rexhall Aerbus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brocun

we have a  1996  Rexhall Aerbus  35 foot diesel pusher that I have to winterize. I have drained the hot water tank and the gray, black and fresh water tanks. How do I introduce the antifreeze into the lines. I can't find a by-pass for the hot water tank. Do I just pour the antifreeze into the holding tank and run it through the lines that way?

If you have an air compressor, you can simply blow the water out of the water lines and forget about adding antifreeze to the water lines.  Many of us do it that way. 

All you need is the two devices shown in the attached picture.  The bottom device screws into your water fill connection and allows the top device to attach to it (so no one has to hold it). 

Set the air pressure to a constant 40 PSI and attach the top device to the air compressor hose and to the bottom device  and open the faucets one at a time to drain the water out.  If you've already dumped the black and gray tanks, put a bowel under the faucet to collect the water and dump elsewhere.  Don't forget the toilet and the outside shower.  You can also open the fresh water tank drain to blow a little more water out of that.  When complete, add some RV antifreeze to each drain and you are done.

Attachments

• PA110220.jpg
    PA110220.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 36
The blow out plug you can get at almost any RV store (Camping World for sure) and the air compressor lock-on inflater accessory can be found at a good hardware store.

Make sure you use an OILLESS air compressor if you blow out your lines as you dont want oil in your water lines.

kl

Back
Top Bottom