Cable tv hookup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam Bar

Another silly question.  I can't find anywhere outside my trailer to hookup the cable for the tv.  I surmise it must have one somewhere?  I see on the inside where to plug the tv in to the wall cable outlet.  Thanks again

I'm not familar with your unit, but I found mine inside of the compartment where you store the 120 V hookup. I have also seen them inside of storage compartments. If you look inside of a compartment and see a hole or a slider that would be a good place to start as they usually make it so the door can be closed when hooked up. ;)

On my other post you will see yes.  I guess I need to by pass that and snake a new cable, and use that outlet?

If you only have one cable coming in to your tv compartment with no cable switch box, then it probably just goes to the bat wing antenna on the roof.

Ok the place where you hook up an antenna (Where it comes out of the wall) is this a wall plate with a 12 volt outlet (Which by the way is mostly useless) an Antenna conneciton a switch and a light?

If so then remove it carefully,  there should be 3 cables on the rear (minimum 2) looking at it from the rear, cables down they are

ROOF (Antenna)
Cable in (park inlet)
TV-2 
(optional) TV 3

TV-1 is the front outlet.

Disconnect the 2nd cable and hook a screamer to it (Cable tracker transmitter) you can get a cable tracker at Harbor Freight for little cash.

Then trace the line with the receiver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom