EPDM Coatings
Desert Valley RV Park
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems rvupgradestore.com Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: Best RV for family of 5  (Read 1512 times)

hozman

Best RV for family of 5
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:14:33 AM »
i am planning a family trip out to banff in august. looking to rent an RV. there are several different kinds/sizes. does anyone have a recommendation based on experience on which type of RV to get? the options are 24/26', 26/30', MH-B, MH-A.
they all look like they have enough beds for 2 adults and 3 kids (under 10 yrs old). I am also thinking of what is easier to drive and has less problems.
thanks.

donn

• ---
Re: Best RV for family of 5
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »
Class C is probably the most friendly for a novice.  It is like driving a full sized van.   But a class A might be more to your liking.  The big difference is that with a class C you generally have an overhead bunk.  You really need to go to the rental company and look at them for yourself to decide.

Orick

• ---
  • Went Full Time to Half Time but Still Fun Time
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »
I would suggest a Class C as well.  I'm not sure you'd be happy with the tight quarters of a Class B.  The ironic thing about motorhomes is that, often times, the larger they are the fewer they are designed to sleep.  :o  Class C rigs usually offer great features for families.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Rick
Rick, Nancy, Peanut, Lola (Westies) & Bailey the Sheltie Dog
2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Ford Explorer Toad

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
I've always thought Class Cs were a better choice for families, usually lots of sleeping space. But I agree with Donn that you should go sit in a few of them to see what feels good for you and your family. And while you're sitting there, think about what it would be like if you were all in the motorhome because it's raining outside. Could make a big difference in which one suits you and the gang.

Enjoy your travels
Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2004 Winnebago Sightseer
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug