Motorhome Storage Rates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesolo

What are folks paying to store their RVs at the mini storage places? I have a spot for $59 a month but found out about a new place that is covered, has 50 amp power and a dump station. He only has about 15 slots and it is quit a bit more expensive than the $59 of course. It sure looks inviting.

Joe

You don't say where you are, so comparing rates is complicated as they vary over different parts of the country.  50A electric isn't needed for storage, 20A would be sufficient to keep your batteries charged and the refrigerator running, if you wanted to do so.  The dump station is convenient for when you return the unit to storage, but I wouldn't pay extra for the 50A electric.

i'm in Memphis, TN....sorry. Good point about the 50 amp probably being overkill for storage. I really wanted the cover more than anything.

I lived in Knoxville two years ago and paid $55 per month for covered with 20amp, dump station, water, and wash area.  Same place now is $110.  I now live in Foley Alabama and covered here is $130, but there is a long waiting list.  I have been waiting for two years and still no availability for the covered area.  I have a storage spot that is uncovered with no services and pay $25 per month.  Dump fee is $8.  At least it is secure, but that is about all.  Hey, I grew up in Memphis.  Hope you find what you are looking for.

Rex

We stored our coach in covered storage on the north edge of Seattle w/20amp elec for 155.00 a month but I have heard it went up to 190.00. ???

Having roof sure helped keeping it clean. 8)

$5.00/month for secured storage in Eastern Ohio, near Andover.  Closer to my house near cleveland, the average I am seeing is 20-30.00 /month.

Jake --- Where you at in AZ    We are at the Pueblo El Mirage Country Club and RV Park, between Surprise and Sun City and there are several here, but haven't needed to use them.  However when we return here in May we will be using one.  Thanks.

Curious what you would value a storage facility that could store a 40 ft diesel pusher in a secure, alarmed, insulated building that stays warm in the winter, cool in the summer.  Has power, water but no septic available.  Very good Metal halide lighting for working on it at night and plenty of room around it to work.

There are lots of other toys in there as the building is a 45 x 70' structure with a front office area with showers, baths, kitchen etc... all available to me to use when up there working on or packing it for a trip.

Thanks

Jeff

We just poured a concrete slab and had 20 AMP service installed on the side yard. Beats the $110 a month for uncovered no electric storage around here. { SOCAL ]

I store my coach in very secure storage in Tucson,AZ for $ 108.00 per month with 6 month prepay. For that I get covered storage and use of the wash area and use of the dump station. Covered storage only keeps the coach out of most of the sun. The coach still gets very dusty.

There is ,however , a new construction RV storage site being built on the north side of Tucson along I-10 that is totaly enclosed and temp. controld. It is about the size on a footbal field and will offer complete service and detailing along with inside storage. No info as to the cost as of yet.

Ian said:
What's that TV? ad?
$50?
$100?
Priceless ! ;)
Sounds like the perfect solution, but probably costs quite a bit over the top of the other suggestions.

No, just curious as my partner has this building and his price to put it up for me is 250 per month.  That is actually cheaper than what the square footage is costing him.  Not too bad but still not cheap.  The only good thing for me is I will be able to write it off as an office expense easily.  His building is an office building as well and we can roll that fee into our office rental as well.  He told me he checked around for enclosed RV storage and they were priced in a similar way with much less in terms of amenities.

I feel the extra expense will translate to a better maintained coach for years of service but just wondering what others thought.

Jeff

I know a number of campgrounds with storage lots running around 30-40/month

I simply bought the abandoned lot behind my house (Cost $350+$18 title transfer fee) fenced it, filled in a hole and installed sewer and electric (20 amp)... If I need water I'll drop a line off the back of the house

Of course this only works if you have an abandoned lot next door and your city has an abandoned lot program like mine does  At ten dollars per curb foot.... You might as well call it free land

Shayne,
I hadn't looked at this for a bit and missed your question.  I am in Tempe. 
The storage facility we use is: Tempe RV Storage, 811 W. Warner Road, Suite 201, Tempe, AZ 85284
Jake

joesolo said:
What are folks paying to store their RVs at the mini storage places? I have a spot for $59 a month but found out about a new place that is covered, has 50 amp power and a dump station. He only has about 15 slots and it is quit a bit more expensive than the $59 of course. It sure looks inviting.

Joe

Hey Joe. I'm in Memphis also. I'm storing my 5W at Dove's which is on Raleigh-Millington about 3 miles south of Millington - cost is $55 a month. Not covered, parking in gravel, no electricity, no dump station that I'm aware of, but security seems good. Wished I could find a decent place closer to where I live (Frasier), but at the time, it was as close as we could find. Did find a storage facility about a half mile from us, but were told they stopped taking RV's (that was last December) as there were too many abandoned vehicles. When I drove by last week, it looked like there were a few more RV's, so they may have started taking them again. They did tell me when we initially checked that they were more than $55. The one difference I have seen from the road is that their parking is paved. If they have started taking RV's again, even if it's $5 to $10 more, I'm going to move it, mainly because it's much closer and 'looks' better maintained.

Larry

Gasser said:
No, just curious as my partner has this building and his price to put it up for me is 250 per month.? That is actually cheaper than what the square footage is costing him.? ?Not too bad but still not cheap.? The only good thing for me is I will be able to write it off as an office expense easily.? His building is an office building as well and we can roll that fee into our office rental as well.? He told me he checked around for enclosed RV storage and they were priced in a similar way with much less in terms of amenities.

I feel the extra expense will translate to a better maintained coach for years of service but just wondering what others thought.

Jeff

Look  at this  http://www.i76rvstorage.com/

I live in Tucson and instead of buying and expensive truck I store my 38' fifth wheel in Rocky Point Mx. It is a very secure storage area for $45.00 a month. I use it about twice a month and just call the day before and for $15.00 they pull it in and out.

Back
Top Bottom