We like Betty & Terry decided to opt out of California so if you two ever consider that take a look at Las Vegas, Nevada.
Here are some of the pros and cons for Las Vegas.
1. No income tax. This can be very important if you have an untaxed IRA that you might want to cash in or convert to a Roth IRA.
2. Reasonable housing costs so you can afford a totally enclosed MH garage that is attached to the automobile garage which in turn is
attached to the house.
3. Recognise that MH registration fees are as high as California as are property taxes on your house.
4. No Inheritance tax.
5. RE security for a MHer, there are many "gated" communities.
6. Lots to do when you're in town, shows, restaurants, buffets, Lake Meade, and snow skiing is only 1-1/2 hours away at 10,000 feet plus.
7. Recognise the if you're "weak" on resisting gambling, then DO NOT come here.
8. It's hot, just like Phoenix, in the summer but we have air conditioning in our house and an air cooler in the garage. Also, all and I do
mean all establishments in this town have air conditioning.
9. The South end of town is our favorate because we are VERY CLOSE to I-15, the 215 beltway around Las Vegas and the "strip," so there
is easy and quick access to Los Angeles, Reno & Northern California, Salt Lake City, and Arizona (Phoenix and Quartzsite). If you look
on a map find the intersection of I-15 and State route 160 (Blue Diamond road) and you'll see what I generally refere to as the south
end of town.
10. Life in general is a bit less expensive than it was in California where we lived from 1962 until 2000. Fuel (gas and diesel) is just as
high as in California because we get it via an underground pipeline from Long Beach.
11. Excellent, close and with easy access, airport facilities.
12. There are several MH repair facilities, mobile repair folks and even the Propane guy comes to my house to fill the tank.
On the other hand, there are many other GREAT places in this country that may fit your needs even better than Las Vegas.
Hope this helps.
JerryF (Jerry & Ardra)