Do you tow a pickup ?? What kind ? ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THEBigLarry

I currently tow a Nissan Murano on a dolly.  I want to look into getting a pickup to flat tow.  By flat towing a pickup
I can put my Harley Davidson in the bed and take it with us.  Then we have a vehicle my wife can drive at the other
end, and I/we have the option of touring on the motorcycle.

I am investigating all types of pickups but want to know what works for you?  Let me know what you pull and
any pro's / con's to your pickup.  Only flat tow pickups need R.S.V.P. 

Thanks to you all.

THE Big Larry

Have you checked what your gas Winnebago coach can actually tow?  Most gas engine coaches are usually only good for 3,000 to 5,000 lbs.  And, often the hitch is rated for that amount as well.  By towing a truck with a motorcycle in the bed, the total weight might be more than the coach is rated for towing. 

We have a 2500 Chevy 4 wheel drive and it can be flat towed; but it weights 6,300 some pounds. 

Marsha~

We tow a GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD.  The crew cab is comfortable for 4 people but the bed may be too short for your bike.  We got the Canyon because the curb weight is only about 4000#, our tow rating.

I'm pretty sure you will want a long bed truck to hold the bike, and that means a full size model and (as Marsha said) probably too much weight for your motorhome. You might get by with a mid-size truck and leave the tailgate down to make room for the bike.  A member here did that with a Dodge Dakota for awhile

When the Dakota first came out in the mid/late 80's they offered a regular cab long box model. It was a full 8' box (my boss at the time had one). Not sure when they stopped making them - probably by 1995 or so. I'm guessing you're not in the market for a truck that old.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom