EPDM Coatings
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems Sponsored by RV Upgrades width= Composet Products EVDO EVDO

Author Topic: Air gauges droping out on rough roads  (Read 802 times)

ChucknTammy

• ---
  • "So many roads, so little time."
Air gauges droping out on rough roads
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
 My air pressure gauges get squirrely at times and warning light - buzzer come on while on rough roads. It corrects itself quickly. i do not believe i am actually loosing air pressure. It appears to be a sensor/electrical problem.

And being from Louisiana, I have to travel on some pretty rough roads until i get out of my home state...

Anyone experience these issues before?
Chuck and Tammy
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QTH
1982 Jeep CJ7 (The Bucket)
"Faith means trusting in advance what only makes since in reverse."

ChiefM

• ---
Re: Air gauges droping out on rough roads
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
We had the same thing going on when I was stationed at Ft Polk, The roads are horid in LA. More than likely you need to clean and/or tighten the sensor wire on the air tank..
1986 27RT Winnebago Chieftain

ChucknTammy

• ---
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
Thanks Chief. I will check that out. I really appreciate the reply.
Chuck and Tammy

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:10:05 PM »
If your Tiffin is still on a Freightliner chassis air lines go into the VDC (or MMDC) and the computer forwards an electrical signal to the dash. When our gauges start showing zero it usually means a loose VDC connection at the dash or I have to reboot the VDC by unplugging the connector for a moment.

ChucknTammy

• ---
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »
Yes Jeff, it is a Freightliner.

I pulled the dash off and it seems the gauges actually have air lines conected to them. I traced the lines back to a manifold looking thing of sorts. It seems as though the gauges are ran by air. The warning light has a little clip with about 5 little white wires, it apeared a little loose but all else looked good.

Everything I have read talks about digital signal to the gauges. Sort of confuses me that the gauges have air going to them.

I really apperciate the feed back. I will check deeper into it with the information you have given me.
Chuck and Tammy