rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Awning cover  (Read 3262 times)


  • ---
  • Posts: 16
Awning cover
« on: June 28, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »
Looking for awning cover to protect awning when towing , and when it stored from sun . Had one on last 5er it was made out aluminum and it was hinged and wrapped around awning when not in use . If i am describing it accurately can anyone point me in the right direction


  • ---
  • Posts: 225
Re: Awning cover
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:30:27 AM »
It's called a 'weathershield'. Usually sold as part of the whole awning (most typically on acrylic awnings, not usually on vinyl).

If your current awning is Dometic (A&E) brand, give the manufacturer a call, as I think they'll deal directly with you. If nothing else can answer questions. 1-800-544-4881

I think with Carefree, you'd have to go through a dealer for parts. (However, you may be able to use this on whatever brand you have, so definitely ask).

Another avenue is to try an RV salvage yard. They may have one lying around that you could pick up if you live near to one.

Hope this helps!
2016 American Coach Revolution 42T
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport


  • ---
  • Posts: 16
Re: Awning cover
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »
Thank u i have been calling it buy wrong name


  • ---
  • Posts: 12
Re: Awning cover
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »
Check this out....I have one and love it!



  • Posts: 4
Re: Awning cover
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:22:54 PM »
You can also use vinyl guttering or thin walled PVC.  I used the guttering myself.  Comes in 10' sections and is easy to cut to length.  Available at any "Big Box" store.  Much cheaper also.