We just were on a trip where we had to park our RV for 4 days in below-freezing temps. Got down to 1 Degree F. on two nights. I used potable antifreeze and filled all the lines (from putting the antifreeze in the fresh water tank) and even the water heater. I now know the water heater was a mistake, but didn't at the time.
What do you have to do to flush everything? I cycled several full tanks of the fresh water tank, flushed the lines, ran probably 30 gallons through our 6 gallon water heater. Is that enough? Is there something else I should do? I can't taste it in the water now...
Next time we go on a trip, I will fill the tanks & lines with bleach mixture, and flush the tank again before filling the final time... Am I good?
I used 2 brands of antifreeze from WM, BOTH brands said they are intended for RV/ boat drinking water systems (1 was Prestone, the other said it was rated as "generally safe" to drink by the FDA). Looked like they were both mostly alcohol and propolene glycol.
Thanks for your advice!