affordable roof vent lid and/or installing roof vent cover 1985 Itasca

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbmiller

I recently bought a 1985 Itasca Sunflyer and in the first big wind, the roof vent lid blew off (it was parked). I've learned that the lid replacement is manufactured by Winnebago and costs around $69--yes, just for the lid! Looking at the Winnebago Common Parts catalog for 1984-88, I can see it's from the Winnebago vent with the 12-v push-button fan. The old part number is 051384-01-000 and the new one is 055218-01-000. It has rounded corners. Does anyone know if there's an affordable replacement? The color of the lid that blew off was smoke grey, not white like the Winnebago lids, so I'm wondering if an old Elixir lid would fit.

Since the crank and screen are broken anyway, I also thought I could just cover it with a roof vent cover, but this vent assembly is all metal, so I don't see how to drill or screw into the side of the assembly.

I'm open to any other suggestions for just an inexpensive way to close the roof until I can afford to fix the whole vent one day.

Thanks!

Yes, I tried the online websites. The Winnebago-made part is about $69 everywhere. I was told there wasn't a substitute, but I'll take a photo of the hinge and take it to Camping World to see if something will fit.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up using an Elixir old-style lid that seems to work with the hinge, though the corners are square (original Winnebago lid corners are rounded). It will work for a temporary fix until I can replace the whole vent properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom