Sewer Hose Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DC8Captain

I'm looking for sewer hose storage ideas for a hose with the nozzle permanently attached. I've seen lots of DIY storage ideas but they don't include a permanent nozzle space.

I do not know what type of RV you have.  I do know that storing it in the rear square bumper of some rigs leads to rubbing holes in the hose.  I like to keep mine in a Rubbermaid type storage tub in the under flooe storage compartment.

We do the same. The hose is too big to fit in the bumper and as you say, pulling it out and pushing it in is hard on it.

Like the others, I keep mine with a connector on one end and the sewer elbow on the other in a Rubbermaid tub in one of my under floor storage compartments.
Then I keep two more lengths with no impediments attached in my rear bumper. I have been in places where I need twenty feet of it

Jack L

I use a square fence post, I think it is a 7 inch,  It holds the hose with the elbow but NOT the threaded or stepped adapter, I take that off and put it in seperate,,, I think a six inch pipe will too.. You can get both in larger sizes.

I've using the standard ol' square bumper storage for years. If andd when it does rub through you can get a new hose at a local WalMart for cheap. When I'm at home I make sure to rinse the bumper tube out once in a while to reduce the road dust and grit to keep the hose from wearing fast. My current hose is old like over 10 years old.

I went to Home Depot and pick up a length of 4" (I think) leach fields pipe. The ones with 2 rows of 5/8" holes running down the entire length. I then picked up a PVC adapter with a threaded end male cap to go on both ends. I then cut the pipe to the appropriate length and mounted it under my 5vr. I positioned one row of holes at the bottom for drainage and the other holes face the rear for ventilation.

I use a square PVC fence post with a section of PVC gutter for a slide out tray and removable 90? fitting that fits in the tray.  I will have to take a few pictures of it one day and post.

I would think the answer depends on what sort of "permanent nozzle" that fdhealy4 has. Some of them have 90 degree elbows or adapter designed for both 3" and 4" fittings, while others may be just a 3" bayonet-style flange. Makes a big difference in the space needed.

My Rhino hose has a 90 degree elbow with a detachable  screw-in head. I would need one size if willing to detach the head but a much larger one if not. However, both are bigger than a plain hose with 3" bayonet connector.

@Gary RV Roamer and others

I haven't bought a new system yet. I was using a system where all the fittings come off, storing the hose in the bumper and the fittings in a tub. The fittings, when attached to the hose and used, leak. That's why I want to go to a system that is all one piece so I won't get any leakage. The problem is the "adapter for both 3" and 4" fittings", the end that fits into the dump station pipe. I have a TT but I don't have room to store the tub in the forward storage compartment and I don't want to store it inside for sanitation reasons.

fdhealy4 said:
@Gary RV Roamer and others

I haven't bought a new system yet. I was using a system where all the fittings come off, storing the hose in the bumper and the fittings in a tub. The fittings, when attached to the hose and used, leak. That's why I want to go to a system that is all one piece so I won't get any leakage. The problem is the "adapter for both 3" and 4" fittings", the end that fits into the dump station pipe. I have a TT but I don't have room to store the tub in the forward storage compartment and I don't want to store it inside for sanitation reasons.

I've got the same thing. I've got a very small outside storage area crammed with other thing and no enough room for a tote to store a sewer hose. So I'm stuck with the bumper idea. Being we like to boondock with the RV means we travel a lot of dirt roads at times so a leech line wouldn't work to good being the dust would roll right back into the tube no matter where its mounted. So it leaves me with the bumper tube.  ::) Like I said I've yet to wear this hose out. Maybe because I use it a RV and not my permanent residence where it would be subjected to more in/out of the bumper and more sun damage from being hooked up for long periods.

I haven't had any leakage problems with my Rhino fittings, which are tailored to the Rhino hose rather than generic. Seals tightly and removes easily.
http://camco.net/Products/?brand=RhinoFlex

I store my sewer hose with the fitting AND the extension all in one of those plastic underbed storage boxes. It has a lid that is hinged in the middle. Works great. This is placed in the outside storage of my TT. To hold the lid open I have a piece of string hanging just over it with a length of bent coat hanger in shape of a hook. This way I can have the hose in my hands and the lid is held open making it easy to flip the hose in.
Very convenient.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom