Bubbles on RV awning.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I noticed today a couple of bubbles on my RV awning. One is about 3" diameter and the other one is about 1-1/2" diameter. I haven't had a chance to take a good look at them but it appears they may be full of water which means that the material is starting to separate from the base material. I was told that it could be repaired by inserting some type of adhesive in the bubble with a syringe. I would probably have to remove as much water as possible which I could probably do with the same syringe. Has anyone ever done this repair and if so, what did you use for adhesive?

Rene T said:
I noticed today a couple of bubbles on my RV awning.  Has anyone ever done this repair and if so, what did you use for adhesive?
Two Bubbles????    :eek:
If you install a stripper pole, Bubbles will come off the mat, and onto the pole.  At least that's what I've heard!    ;)

I have a dometic awning, and recently noticed some bubbles in mine.
Mine is vinyl material, not their acrylic.  There were little pillows or bubbles, measuring 2-3/4 diameter and spaced down the length of the awning  3ft on center.
I contacted dometic, and mine was still covered by their 2 year warranty.  So they replaced my fabric.
BUt without telling me they substituted a different color since my color was discontinued.  It's ok, except when retracted it now shows as white, but all the other slide toppers on the coach and my old awning showed black when retracted.  Matches the color scheme better.  Disappointment, but at least it's "new"

If yours is like mine, but out of warranty... i think what i would do is do nothing but watch it closely.  If it shows any signs of increasing in diameter I'd try injecting some glue of some sort (waterproof and flexible), punching a pin hole on the underside so air can escape, and figure a way to clamp it till the glue dries. 

I'll try to attach a picture of mine

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 18
Brad, that looks exactly like mine. My awning is also a replacement awning. When I purchased the RV used in 2012, a few months after I had it I noticed a lot of bubbles in the awning. I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a replacement fabric, but I had to pay to have it put on.

Back
Top Bottom