Leftover recipesby RV Forum member cuts_up
The following suggestions were offered in response to a request by another forum member for off-the-cuff recipes.
- Leftover steaks often get chopped up and added to scrambled eggs.
- Steaks also get chopped up and added to cream cheese with garlic salt and green onion for a cheese spread.
- Grilled chicken turns into a yummy chicken salad.
- When I cook pork chops I cut the centers out for serving. I save the cooked edges with fat to use when cooking blackeyed peas.
- Leftover turkey breast slices get wrapped around brocolli and covered with mornay sauce.
- Many times I have added chili powder to leftover meat sauce, and made tacos with it the next day.
- My favorite leftover is fried shrimp. Put it on a hamburger bun with lettuce and tartar sauce for a great sandwich. Sometimes I reheat the shrimp, sometimes not.