WW zero point vegetable soupby Wendy Lawrence
- 6 cups broth (I use vegetable but suspect chicken would also work well...home made, canned, box, or water and bouillon cubes)
- Cooking spray
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic)
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped (bagged slaw is fine if you want to save time)
- 1/2 pound frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large zucchini, diced
Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on MEDIUM HIGH. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender. Serve and enjoy!
I sometimes add diced potato, canned corn (drained and rinsed), canned kidney beans (drained and rinsed). But, of course, all of those add a point or two.