Judy's baked salmon dishby Judy Madnick
Don't prepare this ahead of time. The potato flakes, etc. get mushy and don't "recover" when cooked.
Heat up the oven, dutch oven or whatever you are going to bake the biscuits in good and hot. For you Martha Stewart types, that's about 450 degrees.
- 1/3 cup potato flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (I use cooking spray to eliminate fat calories!)
Prep and cooking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 7x11 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine potato flakes, onion powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- Dip salmon fillets in melted butter (or spray with cooking spray), coat with potato mixture, and place in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle any remaining potato mixture over the tops of the fillets.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the potato crust is golden.
- Serve immediately.