Corned Beef Casseroleby Stephen Francis
- Pre-cook some mushrooms in a saucepan.
- Pre-make a gravy (or stock) using hot water, Bisto gravy mix and a can of tomatoes with basil. Add salt to taste.
- Layer a casserole dish with sliced carrots, peas, sliced onions and the pre-cooked mushrooms.
- Pour on the gravy.
- Slice corned beef from a can and lay the slices on top of the casserole.
- Cook in the oven at 350o for an hour.
- Serve with small potatoes cooked in their skins (on the side). Alternatively, serve with French fries.
What isn't eaten the first day can be re-heated for subsequent meals.