Nancy Brinck's Potato SaladIngredients:
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 1/4 cup salt
- 5 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
Sauce ingredients (mix separately)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (no substitutes)
- 1 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise (no substitutes)
- 3 Tbsp Nance's Sharp & Creamy Mustard important - no substitutes)
- 3 pkg Sweet & Low sweetener
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Peel and cut the potatoes into bite size chunks and then boil in heavily salted water until tender (do it in that order). Drain and set aside to cool. At the same time, hard boil the eggs, let cool and then dice. Dice the peppers and onion and mix all the above in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly blend together the Hellman's, Miracle Whip, Nance's and the rest of the sauce seasonings. The brand names of the main sauce ingredients are important because each has its own seasonings that combine to provide a unique flavor. Other brands will produce a different flavor (not necessarily better or worse, but different).
- Mix the sauce into the potato mixture and cool in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving. This not only cools the mixture but also allows the flavors to steep into the potatoes. Garnish the top with strips or circlets of peppers and a sprinkle of paprika if you wish.
Jan. 23, 1999