Judy's Sauerkraut dishby Judy Malone
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/3 cups of milk
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 1 T prepared mustard
- 32 oz sauerkraut rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 oz medium width egg noodles
- 1 ½ lbs polish sausage sliced in ½ pieces. Alternatively, use turkey sausage.
Combine soup, milk, onion and mustard in a medium bowl. Spread kraut into a greased 9 X 13 dish. Top with uncooked noodles. Spoon soup mixture evenly over noodles; cover with sausage slices. Top with cheese.
If a topping is wanted, combine 2T melted butter with ¾ cup wheat bread crumbs and sprinkle over cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 degree for 1 hour.
One half is about right for two people with some left over.