Replacing a sewer dump valveby forum member weewun
There comes a time in every RV'ers life when a dump valve gets stuck or leaks. Replacement is a relatively simple job, but you do need to take precautions to avoid a mess. The following procedure was posted in a forum message by RV Forum member weewun.
- Make sure you have a new valve, available at any RV dealer or RV store.
- Drain both tanks. Be sure to flush the Black Tank thoroughly, it will make for a cleaner job.
- Remove the four bolts/nuts holding the old valve to be replaced.
- Remove the old valve by sliding it out.
- Clean the mounting surfaces thoroughly.
- Lubricate the mounting surfaces with Vaseline or Gly (a clear grease available at Marine Stores).
- Slide the new Valve in place and re-insert the bolts and nuts after lubricating them.
- Tighten the nuts equally so as not to warp the Valve seating.
- Put water in the Black Tank and check for leaks.
- No leaks, wash your hands and have a cool-one.