03 Vista Wall Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Missionstreet

I am having trouble finding any info on repairs for the water damaged "thermo-panel" walls on this era/model.

Looking to buy one with a back wall that was damaged.

Is there some kind of structurally significant luan + foam combination?

Interesting question. So you've found a Vista with damage you want to buy? Winnebago has replaced sidewalls (of which I have first hand knowledge) and probably front/rear caps but it's $$$$.

Usually the sidewalls are the exterior skin, foam, Luann (and of course the integral frame.) Front and rear caps are fiberglass however the Vista/Navion might deviate from the usual class A construction. Call Winnebago Owner Relations, they can answer your question.

Interesting question. So you've found a Vista with damage you want to buy? Winnebago has replaced sidewalls (of which I have first hand knowledge) and probably front/rear caps but it's $$$$.

Usually the sidewalls are the exterior skin, foam, Luann (and of course the integral frame.) Front and rear caps are fiberglass however the Vista/Navion might deviate from the usual class A construction. Call Winnebago Owner Relations, they can answer your question.
Yes I'm ready to go see and possibly buy an 03 with 50k on it. The back wall has some water damage with wall paper peeling on the interior. Seller says the exterior wall presses in slightly so I'm guessing delam there.

Generator and cab air needs fix (no problem for me). I've redone a roof but not walls.

Price is 7k and I was the first out of a few 100 to contact. Is the rarity of this unit worth going for?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240123-153920_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240123-153920_Facebook.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4565.jpg
    IMG_4565.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4564.jpg
    IMG_4564.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 8
It turned out to have way more water damage than I liked. Why does FWD spell bad for you?

Last edited:
It turned out to have way more water damage than I liked. Why does FWD spell bad for you?
Wise decision. Over the years here in the forum we have found that many of the same issues you found turned into huge money pits for a lot of people. Some people do restore them but they have the time, knowledge, tools and the $$$ to do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom