1998 Rialta Fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbabs12000

I am using my 1998 Winnebago Rialta as my home. I just bought it a couple of days ago. I was wondering how I go about keeping my fridge going while I am doing 8-10 hrs at work? After 4 hrs my coach batteries died so I had to start my engine to charge up those batteries. What can I do while I am at work? My generator is an old one and won't stay running. Is there a updated generator I can replace it with? Not sure what my options are.

The Rialta should have a 3 way fridge, ie: propane. Here is a link to an owner's manual on the fridge.

Ed

I get that the fridge is a 3 way, but this fridge is only a 2 way, actually a 1 way since the generator isn't working right. Couldnt get the propane to stay lit to cool the fridge and it costs to much for someone to take out the fridge and check it out. Since this vehicle has been doing alot of sitting in the last 10 yrs the generator needs work. So I am looking for a new/used generator. Found out I am in need for an Onan 2.8. I am getting new coach batteries put in tomorrow.

If it's a 2-way, i.e. propane or 120v electric, the fridge consumes very little 12v power and would take a week or more to run down your battery if it was fully charged to begin with. The 12v is used only to power the circuit board, which open the gas valve and fires the flame igniter - it doesn't do any actual cooling.

Replacing an Onan 2800W generator is going to be a big expense. If you can find a used one, probably about $1500 and the labor to swap it out could easily run another $500 or more. Fixing your shouldn't cost any more than that and probably less.

One of the main problems I have encountered with our old PUP camper's fridge was spider web/dirt in the burner area. If you have access to an air compressor, or even a can of air used to clean a computer keyboard, you could try blowing out the dirt from the burner area. The actual working of the propane fridge are quite stable so usually are not a serious fix.

Ed

PS: Gary, it is a 3 way fridge, but the first 2 ways don't work, and the 12 volt way just takes too much battery to use as a long term solution. Also, if the OP is planning to fix the problem by using the generator it would need to run to virtually full time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom