2003 American tradition ats codes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeep3501

I have a 2003 American tradition model w. It has the esp ats panel not sure of the model panel. Everything works fine when running on the generator or plugged into shore power. When you are running the generator and start the motor to drive down the road it brings up these 4 codes neu u01 c03 gen. I can’t find anything online about these codes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I assume you are looking at the remote power monitor display for the ATS, which includes power quality management. "neu" is code for the neutral wire and gen is of course generator. I used to have a list of the fault codes used on the ATS remote display but can't find it right now.

Do you have the original Trace ATS/power monitor or has it been replaced with a later model, maybe from Surge Guard. Many of those 20+ yo ATS systems have been replaced by now.

Last edited:
It is all original. It is the panel in the bed frame.

Attachments

• IMG_2479.png
    IMG_2479.png
    447.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2476.png
    IMG_2476.png
    451 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2475.png
    IMG_2475.png
    433.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2478.png
    IMG_2478.png
    450.4 KB · Views: 0
Yeap, that's the Automated Engineering Corp remote associated with the company's ESP Auto-transfer Switch with built-in power quality monitoring. I had the same in my '04 Tradition but had to replace it in 2009 after the ESP ATS module began to throw erroneous ground faults. Trace/SurgeGuard subsequently picked that AEC product and made it their own, with the essentially the same ATS but an improved display with actual text messages rather than codes.

My recollection is that nEU U001 was an open neutral fault, but my memory of that is really vague. Sorry I can't be of better help.

Update: I found this old post about the ESP nEU fault:

I'm thinking the transfer switch part of the ESP is the problem, but not sure why/how starting the engine would trigger it. Starting the coach engine causes a switch in the 12vdc management from house to chassis side, but wouldn't seem to affect the 120v operation (but somehow it did).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom