2003 fleetwood bounder battery connections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

41chevy

My buddy replaced the 4, 6 volt batteries to his generator and forgot how they were hooked up. Could someone send me a diagram of where the wires go, it would be muchly appreciated. Thanks

Look through the link.

There is a section when using four 6 volt batteries to get 12 volts.

Also, be sure all the batteries are used for the same purpose. There will be a house battery bank and a chassis battery or bank to start the engine. Probably all those batteries are for the house but make sure. If not, wiring will be quite different.

Is this the Diesel Bounder 37U? In mine I have 2 battery bays - one with the inverter/charger, wiring, and fuses with room for 2 batteries. This is where my 2 12v engine batteries are located. To the right of that is a bay with room for 4 6-volt batteries for the house batteries. If it helps I can take a picture of mine.

The big thing is don't count on the color code of the wiring on RV's sometimes positive will be black, sometimes red, ground is usually black, but could be any color. The wiring connection must be determined by tracing the wires either electrically with a multimeter or by hand.

Is this the Diesel Bounder 37U? In mine I have 2 battery bays - one with the inverter/charger, wiring, and fuses with room for 2 batteries. This is where my 2 12v engine batteries are located. To the right of that is a bay with room for 4 6-volt batteries for the house batteries. If it helps I can take a picture of mine.
Yes please do. Thx

Here are photos of both bays - I hope this helps. The photo on the left are my 2 12v and the one on the right are my 4 6v

Attachments

• Bruiser 12v.jpg
    Bruiser 12v.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Bruiser 6v.jpg
    Bruiser 6v.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 22
Here are photos of both bays - I hope this helps. The photo on the left are my 2 12v and the one on the right are my 4 6v
I can’t see where one of the wires from the single bay goes. I’m having the same problem.

I've replaced my house batteries twice. I labeled every single wire and took many pictures before I started.

I wouldn't expect that any two motor homes to be exactly the same.

I've replaced my house batteries twice. I labeled every single wire and took many pictures before I started.

I wouldn't expect that any two motor homes to be exactly the same.
That’s what I’m thinking also and I’m just afraid I’m going to screw something up in a very bad way. I’m just going to have to break down and call a tech out to do it right.

The main battery cables are easy, assuming you or he can identify the big positive and negative cables (see Kirk's reply and the series/parallel diagram). The negative post cable goes to a chassis ground and the positive post cable goes to the electrical gear. The tough part is that there are often a couple more, smaller wires. They generally go to the positive battery post too.

Lazy can you contact me please I have a question about this post. You can text me at 765-914-1823

It's usually better to do Q & A here, so that everyone can benefit, even years in the future, such as your question of a year old post.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom