2023 Jayco slx 195rb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

viati374

We just yesterday traded in our 2019 Jayco slx 195rb for a 2023 exact same make and model. Our brake controller is reading "n/c". We checked the 7-way and its tight. My husband has been unable to find the black box anywhere that was bolted to the camper frame On our previous 2019. Does anyone know where it's located and/or have any suggestions? Thanks!

The "black box" is just a convenient wire junction and not an active part of the circuits. It's quite possible the new rig doesn't use one. Just follow the wires from the trailer connector to the trailer brakes, lights, ground, etc until you find the one that is open.

I'd first check the trailer ground wire connection back to the tow vehicle. That's probably the most likely candidate for an "n/c" diagnostic.

We just yesterday traded in our 2019 Jayco slx 195rb for a 2023 exact same make and model. Our brake controller is reading "n/c". We checked the 7-way and its tight. My husband has been unable to find the black box anywhere that was bolted to the camper frame On our previous 2019. Does anyone know where it's located and/or have any suggestions? Thanks!
Does the dealer know you "traded it"??
If the old one did not give the "n/c" and the new one does, why did you leave the lot without asking? Were you in a rush?

The "black box" is just a convenient wire junction and not an active part of the circuits. It's quite possible the new rig doesn't use one. Just follow the wires from the trailer connector to the trailer brakes, lights, ground, etc until you find the one that is open.

I'd first check the trailer ground wire connection back to the tow vehicle. That's probably the most likely candidate for an "n/c" diagnostic.
Thank you, Gary! This is very helpful.

Does the dealer know you "traded it"??
If the old one did not give the "n/c" and the new one does, why did you leave the lot without asking? Were you in a rush?
Your profile says you're a "well-known member" - what are you well-known for, exactly? Snarky questions like this that offer no help? Good day :)

Back
Top Bottom