A bad experience with Fubo TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have been auditioning all the cable cutting TV services. Most give you a free week and then they start to charge you. I tried just about every service there is and they were pretty much all the same until I tried Fubo TV. The first time I tried it I could not get it to play on my LG TV. There was no app for it in the LG app store. So I called Fubo customer service and after a lot of different people could not solve the issue until the last person I talked to told me there is no app for LG TVs. It hasn't been written yet. So I cancelled my Fubo account.

The paralympics is currently on but none of the services are carrying it in the US. I discovered that there is an app for Fubo on the Fire Stick or on Roku so I bought me a Fire Stick and signed up for my free week again. Well it turns out I can't get another free week even though I was only signed up for Fubo for a few hours and never got to try their service out. So they immediately charged me for a month. I could use the Fubo with the Fire Stick but they did not have the Paralympics on any of their channels so I decided to cancel Fubo. On every other service I tried cancelling was easy. Long into my account and click 'Cancel account' button and it was done. Not so with Fubo. You have two options either write a registered letter to the company or have the company write the letter and send it. Either way it costs $29.99 to cancel. This fee was not mentioned when signing up or I never would have signed up. So the "free" week is not really free at all, you have to pay for it when you cancel. Here is the email I received from Fubo:

Fubo TV has received your cancellation letter​

Hi Thomas Seiler,

We have confirmed that Fubo TV has received your cancellation letter. You can expect a response from Fubo TV soon, if you haven't received one already. If it takes longer than expected, please contact us.

If you have any questions, I would love to hear from you!

Kind regards,

tFshVu7iFrJG4uA_GYQ6rBlG7XW4OY7rP0fp495izFVkkwLpahExgACU8USUtz7mng=s0-d-e1-ft
Sarah
Dyme Customer Support

Thanks for the heads up on FUBO. My Comcast (Xfinity) plan comes with a home base app and Peacock. I am sure it's paid for in there but I didn't subscribe to anything except 500Mps internet.

I stream NF, Hulu and Prime and have way too much to watch. Live sports is a big gap but the only live sport I care about is Formula One and for that I subscribe to F1 TV. 5 days to go to Bahrain opener!

Well, since I'm not stationary, and I spend probably 80% of my time with no cell service and limited internet access, I'll stick with my Dish network.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Fubo TV. That really sucks, man. It's frustrating when a company needs to have its stuff together and can provide a simple solution to a problem. It's incredibly annoying when they charge you for something you didn't even get to try out properly.

That's why it's always good to read the fine print. Anyway, I dug and found this dope article on How To Watch fuboTV in Mexico. It's got all the deets on bypassing the geolocation restrictions and getting your sports fixed. Hope that helps, and good luck finding an exemplary TV service for you!

p.s. made the link seen in the text.

After a couple of frustrating experiences trying to cancel subscriptions I discovered the easiest way is to report the credit card lost, get a new one sent and change the billing # for anything you want to keep. Put that on hold.

For on-line purchases or subscriptions, I use my my Capital One credit card. It has an app/extension right in my Chrome browser called "Eno". For each merchant, it can generate a credit card number, and it also has an option to stop all charges after a specific date.
I use that feature for the free trials. The company gets a valid credit card number to use, but I can set when no further charges are authorized. Easy way to "cancel" subscriptions without having to deal with their byzantine procedures.

Another reason companies have to go to extreme links to protect themselves from the "something for nothing" public that is always trying to "beat the system"..>>>Dan

For on-line purchases or subscriptions, I use my my Capital One credit card. It has an app/extension right in my Chrome browser called "Eno". For each merchant, it can generate a credit card number, and it also has an option to stop all charges after a specific date.
I use that feature for the free trials. The company gets a valid credit card number to use, but I can set when no further charges are authorized. Easy way to "cancel" subscriptions without having to deal with their byzantine procedures.
Didn't know, I'll look into that.

Our Montana came equipped with two Furrion televisions. One in the living room, and one in the bed room. Neither are "smart" televisions, only over the air television. They work well for what they are. No problems there.

But we discovered streaming video one day on our Roku television at home. This led us to eventually pick up 2 small Roku televisions for the camper that are "smart" televisions. They can also serve, and serve well as a second computer monitor, and are small and portable to be taken outside. They have WIFI capability, which is nice, they can be set up outside with no coax wires strung everywhere. So, they serve multiple purposes. When traveling, we just lay them on the bed. And the best part of all, they are the small ones, and cost only about $79 from Wall Mart. (Or they use to anyway).

We do not attach the over-the-air antenna lead to these televisions. When we want over-the-air, we simply use the original televisions for that.

Here's the set-up in the camper bed room:

37RRZsz.jpg

And the living room. The television in the living room lifts up and down, can be hidden. When we watch the "big" TV (over-the-air), we simply put the small one behind it, then raise the television up. Also, that white back ground is the window shade covering the front window. Sometimes, the little television is moved completely out of the way, the big television is in the down position, and the blind is up, giving a great view of the outside!

nDHYpff.jpg

Um.... yes.... the television station was on "Hero's and Icons" and that show on the television is Chuck Conners in the 1962 movie Geronimo.

If you want a television that is really inexpensive and internet capable, you can't go wrong with Roku. Pick up the small one from Wall Mart. It sure beats buying all sorts of other electronic devices to try to compensate for old technology.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom