AC issues coachman clipper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandodave82

I have a coachman clipper and the compressor was not kicking on with the switch. A tech came and serviced the ac and the compressor works when bypassing the switch. I replaced the switches but compressor still only kicks on sometimes.

It's not warm here and inside the camper it's pretty cool. Is the compressor not kicking on because the thermostat doesn't think it's warm enough inside the camper to turn on?

That might be but if you turn the thermostat down to the minimum setting it SHOULD kick in.

Also where is the thermostat sensor. On the wall or on the Air Conditioner (Carrier Air V with remote the sensor is the little I think yellow "nipple" in the grill.. Coleman with "Ceiling controls" it's inside the grill... Many it's on the wall) use your lady's hair dryer to warm it up a bit and see what happens. Note if it's freezing outside.. DO NOT DO THIS.

It's not warm here and inside the camper it's pretty cool.
What's the outside temp when you try to run it? I ask because many (most?) air conditioners are designed to not cool below 60º F ambient temperature. And certainly they are not designed to run the compressor continuously.

I have a coachman clipper and the compressor was not kicking on with the switch. A tech came and serviced the ac and the compressor works when bypassing the switch. I replaced the switches but compressor still only kicks on sometimes.

It's not warm here and inside the camper it's pretty cool. Is the compressor not kicking on because the thermostat doesn't think it's warm enough inside the camper to turn on?
Maybe. Run the furnace for awhile to heat the place up to 70+. Then set the a/c thermostat to its lowest temperature and see what happens.

That might be but if you turn the thermostat down to the minimum setting it SHOULD kick in.

Also where is the thermostat sensor. On the wall or on the Air Conditioner (Carrier Air V with remote the sensor is the little I think yellow "nipple" in the grill.. Coleman with "Ceiling controls" it's inside the grill... Many it's on the wall) use your lady's hair dryer to warm it up a bit and see what happens. Note if it's freezing outside.. DO NOT DO THIS.
It's a coleman, sensor is inside untit and I can try the hair dryer

What's the outside temp when you try to run it? I ask because many (most?) air conditioners are designed to not cool below 60º F ambient temperature. And certainly they are not designed to run the compressor continuously.
I'd say around that 60 mark or so due to shade. Been cool around here

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom