Advice Needed: Mixing Tire Brands on a Single-Axle Camper Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you very much to everyone for your responses. I can't reply to each of you individually, but I am sincerely grateful for the advice from each of you.

Thank you for the response. I think the Carlisle ST205/75R14 load range D tires at Specialty Tire for $165 CAD suit me more than enough. The CATScale for my empty trailer (and even with some of my stuff inside) is 2700 lb. These tires are specified with a "Max. single load of 1760 lb". Thus, I have at least an 820 lb margin. This is more than enough for me, even if for some reason I travel with full tanks (which I don't do due to the already significant tongue weight).
Not knowing your trailer's Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, I could not pick the correct tire for sure so I went with the D (GY only makes that size in the D load range)

The trailers ID tag on the front left will specify tire size and load range. Generally that size and LR can also be found on a spec sheet nearly always found in the wardrobe closet.

Charles

Not knowing your trailer's Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, I could not pick the correct tire for sure so I went with the D (GY only makes that size in the D load range)

The trailers ID tag on the front left will specify tire size and load range. Generally that size and LR can also be found on a spec sheet nearly always found in the wardrobe closet.

Charles

I just checked, and the original tires on my trailer are class C, so I'm definitely fine. I don't even know why I didn't think of this immediately.

By the way, since you mentioned that such information is indicated on a sticker, could you please tell me where exactly? Below, I attach a photo.

Do I understand correctly that LRC means class C? I'm unsure why they indicated it for the spare tire and not the main axle.

Attachments

• IMG_20240221_214753_094.png
    IMG_20240221_214753_094.png
    725 KB · Views: 4
Since the trailer has only 1 axle, it would be the rating of the front axle that apply to the tires on the ground. Since the spare is LRC(load range C) it is pretty safe to say that the tires on the ground are also, if they have never been replaced. A tire with a load range C can typically carry a maximum weight as high as 1,870 pounds at 50 PSI.

Reactions: neu
Since the trailer has only 1 axle, it would be the rating of the front axle that apply to the tires on the ground. Since the spare is LRC(load range C) it is pretty safe to say that the tires on the ground are also, if they have never been replaced. A tire with a load range C can typically carry a maximum weight as high as 1,870 pounds at 50 PSI.
Yes, that makes sense. The factory tires on this trailer have C class. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom