Am I the only guy that has done this-- more than once?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The wet bay is really where the fresh water comes in. Those recessed covers can be a pita, especially after being in place for a while. They're commonly used on kayaks. I keep the threads greased on mine.

Newmar got the bright idea to just notch the bin so the shore power doesn't need to be fed through a hole, and the door can be closed completely and locked.

I don't have that notched opening for the power cord... I get to pull mine up thru the poop tube opening...
Butch

I must be an outlier, never once had I thought, “ feeding this thing down through that hole is hard, I wish there was an easier way”. Apparently there is.

You either cross threaded the access hole. Or you have a cable that can't be shut because of the door?
The latter!

Meant as a joke given I thought my stupidity would be obvious. I gry everything connected and on-- power/sewer/water-- and go to close the bay door only to realize the power cord wasn't inserted through the access hole and the door can't close.

One would think if this happened once that you'd never do it again, but... :rolleyes:

(also, as a general note there are no threads on the access hole for water/power but the cover on the waste access hole does have threads)

The latter!

Meant as a joke given I thought my stupidity would be obvious. I gry everything connected and on-- power/sewer/water-- and go to close the bay door only to realize the power cord wasn't inserted through the access hole and the door can't close.

One would think if this happened once that you'd never do it again, but... :rolleyes:

(also, as a general note there are no threads on the access hole for water/power but the cover on the waste access hole does have threads)
I usually do it with the water

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom