American Heartland Massive Campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

memtiger

Not sure if anyone heard about this but a group of people are wanting to build a campground with 750 RV spots and 300 cabins in Oklahoma. It is planning on opening in spring of 2025. I don't know how long it takes to build large campgrounds but to build something that large I don't see how they can get it done in one and half years. I know a lot of people who claim it will never happen and that might be true but I was just thinking the timeline would be way off by probably a year if it did.

In case you didn't know about it you can check it out here.

70426544007-Aerial%20of%20Three%20Ponies%20RV%20Park.jpg

Oklahoma, the home of tornados and hailstorms.
That is a lot of storm shelters needed since you would have thousands of people in the park might be another reason it could never work, liability.

If you build it.....they will come.
I would go one time just to see what it was all about it would be an easy shot up from I-40 no mountains from I can tell or really any type of population.

Northeast Oklahoma is nice, but I doubt the campground will look like that pretty rendering for quite a few years! It will be without trees since the only way you can put in that much infrastructure is to plow everything down.

memtiger...Thanks for posting this news.

I have a strange feeling that myself and a bunch of other taxpayers are going to be footing the bill.

All the ponds are that beautiful turquoise blue that is only seen around tropical islands, rather than the stagnant scum covered dark green of Oklahoma reality.

Would definitely require a major attraction next door. Not many people looking for giant campgrounds just to camp in them.

Northeast Oklahoma is nice, but I doubt the campground will look like that pretty rendering for quite a few years! It will be without trees since the only way you can put in that much infrastructure is to plow everything down.
Well in the hot summer sun it would be nice to have that tree cover.
It's part of a 2 billion dollar theme park.
They have some big names behind the project so we'll see if they actually get it off the ground. The timeline is still way off they will have to build a cabin every other day along with many other things to make the deadline. The theme park sounds interesting it has a Disney vibe with the main street part and an area that feels like tomorrow land. They are bringing some Disney imagineers supposedly.

The idea of a big theme park in the midwest is not new. Rumors that Disney owns a big chunk of ground near Branson have been going around for 40 years.

^^^^ exactly! We don’t rv for crowds. Noooooo thanks…
I can see that but I have young kids so activities are important when we travel. I hate when I sit down to relax and I hear Dad I'm bored can we do something. So every time we go somewhere it is always a destination like a national park and do lots of hiking or a park that has lots of water slides and activities to keep the kids entertained. It would be great if I could go somewhere and just sit and do nothing. One day it will happen, lol!

Back
Top Bottom