Basement cabinet gang locks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MBE 111

I have a 2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 IH and would like to find a solution that I can add on to lock/unlock my basement cabinet doors with a push of a button. This could be from bluetooth on a phone app or a button wired near the entry door.
I know this is a standard feature on the Allegro Bus, was it an option on the Phaeton in 2017? I hope to find something simple that works and is more convenient than not having the key with me to unlock 1 more compartment after I thought I had unlocked those that I needed.
Thank you,

So RV Forum and IRV2 are the same site?? Didn't know that. I obviously am a new member to this forum and thought it was worth asking this question from a different crowd.
My last post to find a solution for locking my cabinet doors was July of 2022 on IRV2. Because this is January of 2024 and I have not had any solutions/responses to my 2022 post I thought I could ask the question again......on a different forum. Are you really slapping my hand for asking this question again? People are always discovering and inventing new solutions to old problems. Where should I look for like minded people looking for a new solution that could be shared with others?

Was asked (by you) and answered before.
I do not feel that the previous answers were viable because of the cost and labor involved to purchase and install the system supplied for the Allegro Bus.
I was searching for a simpler solution. I will not ask again on your forum.

So RV Forum and IRV2 are the same site?? Didn't know that.
They are not the same forum or ownership. While some folks are members of both forums, many others are not and some, like myself, are members of both but rarely visit more than one of them. There is nothing wrong with asking here. There is also a forum by the Escapees RV Club that is different yet.

Depending on how handy you are, a simple system would use 80's era rear hatch solenoids that could be energized with a 12 volt circuit. It means making or adapting mounting brackets for every door along with fabricated latches for them to catch on. You could leave the normal locks in place but don't lock them. One switch could energize all at once or you could set it up by sides.

Last edited:
I do not feel that the previous answers were viable because of the cost and labor involved to purchase and install the system supplied for the Allegro Bus.
You will not find a cheap simple solution. This involves running wire to each compartment door.

Not my forum, am not forum police. But I will question odd looking posts... I may be right and I have been wrong, but will still call them out.
There are soooo many post and run posters, ask a question, give no response or feedback and generally waste the time of people like me. Granted there are ones that love to see their comments printed, not me, just a waste of time if the poster does not want true help but just chat.
Don't turn this back on me, if you don't have the kindness to respond, why post? It even sounds like you had not been back to that post til now by the tone of your two posts here. What, six links were given and not one suited you?
What you looking for, a chat session?

Back
Top Bottom